This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um... no?!?!

I was considering putting this in the Sucky Customers section, but... he's not yet a customer and honestly it wasn't that bad. Just... weird.

A guy called the used bookstore today, asking for books on circumcision. There are actually books on circumcision so I didn't think it was a prank call since he sounded sincere. Still, it was a bit awkward (I'm a girl and I don't generally like to consider things of that nature ). So I went to look for something for him.

CG: Circumcision Guy
    Me:

Me: Well I found a book, it's called "Circumcision."
    CG: Does it... does it have, you know, like the pros and cons of ciscumcision?
    Me: ...Er...well it's more of a history of circumcision in different cultures, but... maybe?
    CG: Can you just... look through it a little and see if it has anything?
    Me: (I kind of got a weird vibe like he wanted me to look through a circumcision book for kicks) Sorry I can't but I can put it on hold for you and you can come and look through it.
    CG: Okay, thanks That's great. But can I ask you a personal question?
    Me: : ...what.
    CG: What do you think about circumcision? Do you think it's a good thing to do? Like, if you had a son, would you have him circumcised?
    Me: Uhhhhh...... I really don't know???
    CG: Okay, okay, sorry, I'm just wondering. Do you like circumcision, though?
    Me: I really have no preference but if you want you can come look at this book and maybe it will help you have a great day now bye.
    CG: Okay bye.

Awkward? And pretty creepy. But the weird thing is he was serious the whole time! I would have assumed it was a prank call otherwise. But a few minutes later, he called back!

CG: Hi, I just talked to you about the circumcision book?
    Me: Uhh... yeah.
    (I have never heard/used the word circumcision so many times in one day in my life I'm sure)
    CG: How much is that book I put on hold?
    Me: It's $X.
    CG: I was just wondering, does it have a section on ______ (he used a word here which I can only assume is some type of circumcision? I don't know... )
    Me: Uhh like I SAID you'll have to come in and look at the book or look on the internet or something. I don't have any more information about it.
    CG: Okay, hanks. Uh.... can I ask you a personal question?
    Me:
    CG: Do you want to go on a blind date with me sometime?

How about HELL no?????

I wonder if he'll still come in? I have been itching to try out my pepper spray...
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Hmmmm

*thinks about two past boyfriends* Nah...TMI...

Watch he's going to come in, you see him, he sees you...instant attraction. And then he askes for his book.

Comment

Working...
    X