Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, you must have a weird Taco Place, Kisa, because every one I visit asks what kind of sauce I want at the window. I'm one of those customers who doesn't care for the sauce, so "No sauce" is my answer.

Are you sure you're not in a parallel dimension?
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      Huh, you must have a weird Taco Place, Kisa, because every one I visit asks what kind of sauce I want at the window. I'm one of those customers who doesn't care for the sauce, so "No sauce" is my answer.

Are you sure you're not in a parallel dimension?

Some chains have corporate stores and franchise stores. I'm wondering if Kisa's store is franchised and the owner/franchisee is the one who made this policy. As I've stated, all the Taco Places near me ask as well. One location sometimes gives me plain soda water instead of mt dew as they didn't notice the syrup was out, but they all usually ask me if I want sauce. (Although I have a small collection so if they do forget to ask I'm covered. )

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
        Is it possible to buy the oh-so-delicious sauce?
        i don't know if it's available everywhere, but i have a bottle of it in my refrigerator bought at my local grocery store.
        My Space

Comment

Quoth Moon View Post
          I mean, fries = ketchup!!!
          i hate ketchup. i only eat mustard or ranch dressing with my fries.
          My Space

Comment

Quoth Moon View Post
            when you're in the drive-thru you have like 20 seconds to interact with the employee. Now, if these places could have a sign up stating "condiments only provided upon request" at the appropriate window people like me see this and think "oh yeah, I need to ask for ketchup... thanks for the reminder" while those who don't need it don't get it (saving the .00002 cents per wasted packet).
            We actually do have a sign posted on the window in big, bold letters right above the picture of the sauce packtes stating, "Sauces Available Upon Request." Most of the people that do ask, ask:
            -After handing over payment
            -When getting their change
            -Before taking their bag
            -After taking their bag
            -While placing their order. When this happens, they are told "Remind the person at the window about your sauce." Do they? Usually not
            Answers: $1
            Correct Answers: $2
            Answers that require thought: $5
            Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Amusingly, whenever I order from the local Chinese place, I ask for extra duck sauce, because I love dipping my egg roll in it. And one packet is never enough. Five or six is about right, though. (Yes, I'm serious.)
              That's fine, and I do use some of the soy sauce...I just don't think they need to give me 5 packets of everything. And of course, all of that gets rolled into the price of the main dishes and we end up throwing away most of the sauces anyway. If I ever come down to KW, Jester, I'll bring you my extra duck sauce packets

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              Not necessarily. When I get McD's fries, I don't put anything on them. They're too good as-is. Ketchup and other sauces are for fries that are not as good on their own.
              Agreed. Most of the time I don't put ketchup on any fries but I definitely prefer McD's fries without ketchup. Though lately they have been pouring a TON of salt on them.
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

1 packet per item does seem a bit too few, for those of us who like hot stuff anyway... I like me a Taco Place #5 with 6-8 fire sauces on the nachos and another 2-3 on the taco. Thanks for giving me a craving :-P

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
                  1 packet per item does seem a bit too few, for those of us who like hot stuff anyway... I like me a Taco Place #5 with 6-8 fire sauces on the nachos and another 2-3 on the taco. Thanks for giving me a craving :-P
                  Sowwy One pack is just the baseline if they don't specify how many. If you came thru my drive thru and said "Can I have 9 or so fire sauces?" I wouldn't say "Here's 2! Muahaha!"
                  Answers: $1
                  Correct Answers: $2
                  Answers that require thought: $5
                  Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Don't worry Kisa..on the other side of the coin are those of us who like just a 'touch' of sauce.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Well, I'm a little surprised that sauce isn't automatic at taco place. But I'm a sane grown up and can deal.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                        Not necessarily. When I get McD's fries, I don't put anything on them. They're too good as-is. Ketchup and other sauces are for fries that are not as good on their own.
                        Different strokes for different folks. I'm with Moon. I rarely eat fries...don't really like them. When I do eat them they are simply a ketchup delivery system. Potato chips make a pretty good ketchup delivery system too.
                        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          PA? Huh?
                          Passive aggressive, I suspect.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                            I assume that this is in the wonderful land below the 49th parallel I shall have to look for some next time I'm stateside. Yes, I buy horsey sauce all the time
                            Easy to make your own. Just mix the desired amount of horseradish (freshly grated or jarred...you can find it in the refrigerated section near the refrigerated pickles usually) into mayo. When I make horseradish sauce at home to go with my steak (nothing better than a perfectly cooked medium rare steak with tons of horseradish sauce--yum!) I mix equal parts horseradish, mayo, and sour cream an season with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of parsley. Sooooo good. You can also buy premade horseradish sauce. It's generally near the other shelf-stable condiments, often near the mustard. It's not as good as the freshly made, of course.

Just did a quick Google search, and there's a ton of copycat recipes out there for Arby's Horsey sauce. I haven't eaten at an Arby's in years, though, so I have no idea which one would be the most accurate.
                            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
                              You're more than welcome to come on by for some duck sauce if you don't get enough, Jester !!
                              Credit to my local Chinese place, when I ask for extra duck sauce, they always give me plenty!

Quoth tacohuman View Post
                              i hate ketchup.
                              Fellow ketchup-hater here!

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                              If I ever come down to KW, Jester, I'll bring you my extra duck sauce packets.
                              Bullshit. I get plenty of duck sauce from the local place. If you get here, we're having DRINKS!

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
                              1 packet per item does seem a bit too few,...
                              The 1 packet per item is a corporate guesstimate, based on averages. Some people will use none, some want extra, but for most, one is enough. Those who want more can ask for extra.

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
                              I rarely eat fries...don't really like them. When I do eat them they are simply a ketchup delivery system. Potato chips make a pretty good ketchup delivery system too.
                              I rarely eat fries myself, but I can't side with you on the ketchup thing. Ketchup....yuck! Though, completely off subject, I will say that my bar has house-made potato chips, and they fucking ROCK.

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                              I haven't eaten at an Arby's in years....
                              Closest Arby's to me is 50 miles away in Marathon. And since the Taco Bell closed down here, I have no idea where the closest one is, but all this talk about them is getting me hungry for them. Damn you, people!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Moon View Post
                                Some chains have corporate stores and franchise stores. I'm wondering if Kisa's store is franchised and the owner/franchisee is the one who made this policy. As I've stated, all the Taco Places near me ask as well. One location sometimes gives me plain soda water instead of mt dew as they didn't notice the syrup was out, but they all usually ask me if I want sauce. (Although I have a small collection so if they do forget to ask I'm covered. )
                                Okay Moon, you and my husband have *got* to stop talking. He said basically the same thing.
                                Random conversation:
                                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X