• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop monitor display broken

Ok, so i have a hp pavilion zv5000
    i got a new laptop and gave the hp to my little sister
    within a week she says the monitor is broken
    and i had never had a problem with it before (i think technology hates her or something)

anyways
    she gave it back to me and i've realized that the monitor is actually working, but it's just so dark its not feasible to be able to use it

the most i knew what to do was press the function button and the f8 button to try to increase the brightness, but that didn't do anything

does anyone have any suggestions?
    because the harddrive and everything is still good
    i just don't know what else to do other than buy a monitor and plug it in to the laptop
    is that my only option?
    sex is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. - Kusanagi

Pretty much. Sounds like the backlight in the monitor went, so it's still showing the picture, just not giving off any light. It'd likely be a couple hundred to fix, so if there's a spare monitor, use that instead.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I agree with Broomjockey. I have seen the backlight go before.

Comment

You could try finding a really cheap one being sold for parts on eBay, and swap the screens. Could be done as cheap as $50-100. Though I don't know if this is something you would be able/want to do.

Comment

thanks everyone

yeah, i had someone else in person confirm that its probably the backlight

so other monitor it is!

(do not have the knowledge or expertise to do the parts swapping myself, nor the funds for someone else to)
          sex is like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. - Kusanagi

Comment

Working...
          X