X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    *cough* Facebook CS Group *cough*
    Not safe to join for me, just in case. Venting on social media is a major no-no for me where I work.

I'll miss this place a lot if it goes; been some good times here.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've been a lurker on here for several years now, since I started working at a now-defunct (in)convenience store. As you can see, my post count barely scrapes 100 (well, more if you count my posts the off-topic sections, but still), but I have been a nearly-daily visitor since I first joined up (after being pointed towards here by my good friend, Dave1982). I'm on a number of other forums as well, but this is definitely one of my favorites.

I would very much be sad to see this place go, since it gave me a place to vent my frustrations back when I worked in retail, and has provided loads of interesting stories to read and learn from over the years. I'm another one of those not-on-FB types, and a bit of a luddite in general (as my avatar has long showed), so I'd be unlikely to follow to the social media sites. I definitely hope a way is found to keep this place around in something resembling this form.
      -Adam
      Goofy music!
      Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Would you use the same name? I don't really comment there, but I read it every day. I'll look for ya'.
        I know I periodically comment on Retail when I have something relevant to say, and under the same username. It actually amuses me when I'm on another site and see a username I recognize from here in the comments (Etiquette Hell comes to mind).
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
          I know I periodically comment on Retail when I have something relevant to say, and under the same username. It actually amuses me when I'm on another site and see a username I recognize from here in the comments (Etiquette Hell comes to mind).
          Now I'll have to keep an eye out. I don't usually comment (if I do it's under ams1001), and I usually read it first thing in the morning when I get to work, and don't go back later.

I once saw a name from here on an atheist blog that I read. Took a second to register and then I was like, Hey! I know that guy!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
            I know I periodically comment on Retail when I have something relevant to say, and under the same username.
            I comment on Retail too, but under the name Luna. Used to use my real first name, then someone else with the same name who joined later called me a "name thief".
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

With regards to the people who think it is too risky to join the FB group: Would it not be possible to create an independent FB profile to use specifically for that group to help protect your anonymity?
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                With regards to the people who think it is too risky to join the FB group: Would it not be possible to create an independent FB profile to use specifically for that group to help protect your anonymity?
                Not as long as FB is demanding that you use your real name.
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I sometimes comment, using one of my various aliases to avoid detection... *shifty look*
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

The Facebook group is a private one is it not?

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      I sometimes comment, using one of my various aliases to avoid detection... *shifty look*
                      The other thing you can do is not link your work to your facebook. Don't mix work and pleasure
                      -The one, The Only, AdvancedFlea-

Stick that in your blog and smoke it.

A guide for customers about retail

Comment

Closed, yes, Private, no.

Anyone can see that it's there, but only members of the group can see the actual posts.

There's been a vote & discussion going on within the CS group to that effect, actually.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sorry to hear about this! I have been a member for about 8 years. I rarely post anything, but love reading the stories. It's a good reminder of when I used to work retail. One of the things that got me hooked on this site was reading "The Numbnut Chronicles" and some of Rapscillions posts that are now in the War Stories section.
                          Hope all goes well and it doesn't go away. :-(

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                            I could afford the site, even on the $150/mo quoted, and I have a technical background, but not specifically in php. I could certainly keep the lights on.

I don't know if I'm the person to revitalize the site, as Raps desires. I'm not very outgoing, and not much of a marketer (web or otherwise).
                            THAT, I can help you with, at least with the marketing. And I'm certain we have a php expert or several on hand, or those of us willing to learn.

Comment

This makes me sad...I found this site when I was working at a c-store and reading the posts made me feel not so alone...hope someone(s) can take over...

Comment

I'm definitely willing to donate...With as many members that we have here, hopefully most of us would be willing to donate what they can monthly to help keep this place going. =)
                                If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Working...
                                X