This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very strange story...

This genuinely happened to me-make of it what you will. All I know is that this is what my boss told me-I have not been given the chance to debate any of it since I was told she would tell me the story once and if I ever raised the subject again,she would deny all knowledge of it and there would be serious repercussions. I have worked with this woman for nearly 5 years and can tell that she appears to be a well-adjusted normal human. She is not into conspiracy theories and does not go around smoking funny substances.

Last year her mother who was in her 90s and living in a care home in Jersey got very ill and was on her way to shuffle off the mortal coil. Despite this she was still lucid and in full control of her faculties-she was not suffering from any dementia or hallucinations or anything similar. So boss took some compassionate leave to fly out and look after her and sort out funeral details etc.

And there her mother told her this story which she had vowed never to tell anyone until she expired. Back at the end of the war, she was a nurse,specifically working in the psychiatric field. When the war ended, there were many soldiers coming back from Germany who had experienced terrible things and there was a special centre on Jersey for them to get some R&R and try and get treatment to help restore their minds to somewhere on the road to being as normal as could ever be achieved. Many of them would become permanent residents there.

One day in summer 1945, there was a lot of activity. Now government bods and security staff were not uncommon here, but it seemed that something very important was happening. And then one day a car arrived with lots of big burly blokes and a young lady in her mid-20s. All staff were gathered for a briefing and told that this lady would be staying with them but was under strict instructions not to reveal her previous identity-if she did reveal anything,it must be reported immediately. Staff were told that under no circumstances were they to attempt to find out who she was. If her identity was revealed, those responsible would be dealt with by senior military authorities and the consequences would not be pleasant.

And so Miss X stayed as a resident there for many years with the same prohibition over finding out her real details. In the early 1960s she had developed cancer and in about 1965 died. Boss's mum by then had moved up in seniority and would be responsible for dealing with the paperwork from this-she was called into the senior nurse's office(who had been there for many years) and told that as the patient was now deceased,the identity could be revealed, but that she would still be required to sign the Official Secrets Act to prevent her divulging it to anyone else. And she was then informed that the patient who they had been looking after was Eva Braun.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

According to Wikipedia, Eva Braun would have been 33 in 1945.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

If she'd even tried speaking, she'd have revealed her German roots, so that would have been awkward...
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Have to admit I can't understand why any government would have gone to such lengths to keep Braun alive for all that time ... but governments have done bizarre things in the past and will no doubt continue to do bizarre things in the future.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I can think of several reasons they would want to care for someone like her. If she had been a deep spy or if she had given the allies the locations of high ranking people in exchange for protecting her. The things she would have seen and heard would have been extremely valuable to the allies.

The US brought a lot of people here from Germany after the war. The early space program was full of scientists that worked on the V2 rocket.

Comment

True enough, Arcus. She must have had a fair amount of information that the Allies would want.
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me at all. I've watched several episodes of "Hunting Hitler" as well as several other shows on both Discovery Channel and The History Channel that have presented theories of how the demise of Hitler and Braun were less than certain. "Hunting Hitler" is almost addicting at times. You can see how it might have been possible for an escape to have occurred.

Comment

Working...
              X