Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ((Lupo's weapon of choice in this is a blade/brass knuckle combo, he is not really worried about the hazards..as he doesn't need to see to fight..doesn't occur to him about the shadow forming aspect of it))

Lupo reaches around back of his foe that has him by the throat and tries to drive one of his blades home. If so he will flip that one over him and hopefully into the other one. Otherwise he will just stab the arm and headbutt the one holding him. "One got away, fighting two right now." over the comm.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• The voodoun zombies are beelining for the clear physical threats - leaving quiet little Aiden all alone, since he's just talking and clearly Not Anything To Worry About.

Cute, kinda gangly, but interesting concept nonetheless.

Aiden hustles around the people, drawing up right in front of Matt with a boyish pout. "Leaving? You're already leaving me?" He gasps, stepping backwards to stay in front of the shadows. "And I thought we had a connection. You wound me with your words, mon frere! Your eyes are so deep, so mysterious, your pupils so dark, so wide..."

He stops, draws one hand over his brows in an affectation of pain - covering his eyes and closing them.

And with the other, holds up the flare and lights it right in the shadow's face.
      Last edited by Naamah; 05-24-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Emmett sees the zombies and sighs, "Really!" Looking around and knowing he is no fighter he opts instead for his original plan, get to the gem first. He starts heading that way and at the same time calls out, "Destroy their heads!"

Comment

• Jack blinks when he realizes what the security guards are... and growls slightly, starting to sprint toward the zombie headed for Emmett, reaching into his pocket, and grabbing a handful of salt. "You know, I hadn't even considered zombies when I decided to take this stuff with me..." he mutters under his breath, throwing about half the salt he has in his hand at the zombie's head as soon as he's within about 2 yards of the thing...

Comment

Lupo was not the one being grabbed by the Oni. That dubious distinction went to Luke, who nevertheless managed to get his own weapons out and pummel the Oni back against a wall before knocking it unconscious. As Lupo busies himself with the Jotun with the baseball bat, the form of the Asian scion suddenly emerges from the spray from the sprinklers, moving swiftly and gliding through the air over a bank of slot machines like something out of a Wuxia film.

It happens fast. The woman's sword is out and it comes up in a deadly arc, ripping a deep gash in Luke's chest from the left side of his ribs to his right shoulder. As he staggers from the wound, she leaps and spins in the air, her heel connecting with his jaw and sending him sprawling to the semi-flooded floor.

The Asian scion-- who must be the 'Su' Aiden mentioned from his vision-- lands in a wide, split-legged crouch, one hand outstretched forward for balance as the other-- with the bloody sword-- extends backward. Her eyes flash maliciously. "Not so tough, after all," she says.

Things happen fast once the zombies turn up. Emmett's shot goes true, catching the zombie guard threatening Dutch and Sevilla square in the temple. The zombie gives a croak and topples over. The other one is caught full in the face by Jack's salt throw, and this actually works quite effectively. The zombie goes into a sort of convulsion, its eyes rolling in their sockets and a groan coming from it before it collapses almost exactly like a puppet with its strings cut.

Meanwhile, the Shadowman is chuckling as Aiden addresses him. "Don't get me wrong, I'd love to stick around for the rest of this fais do-do, cap'n, and you're a cute one, say true," the Southern man drawls, "but you ain't gon' stop me--"

That's about when Aiden's flare goes off IN HIS FACE. There's a scream of pain, and with a snap, the Illusion is broken. A man with a very tanned complexion and dark hair in similarly dark clothing with a black fedora stumbles back as he rubs furiously at his eyes. "Soc au lait! That one damn dirty trick, tricksy boy."

But worth noting as well is the fact that the Heart of Winter is already missing from its case...
            -----------------------------------------------------
            // GM Summary--
            Outside the hall: [enemies] Su (tsurugi sword), Jotun (baseball bat), Red Oni (iron club; unconscious); [good guys] Luke (severely injured), Lupo (fighting with Jotun); [others] dozens of confused and panicking people; [hazards] sprinklers and flickering lights

Inside the hall: [enemies] "Shadowman" Matt (no visible weapons; blinded), 2 Vodoun zombies (neutralized); [good guys] Emmett, Jack, Aiden; [others] Fred Dutch, Rodrigo Sevilla, 1 mortal security guard; [hazards] flickering lights, CS gas with flare by entrance, flare by Heart of Winter display
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Aiden isn't facing the case, so he doesn't see the lack of the gemstone. He blinks a few times to get the brightness out of his eyes and tackles Matt, aiming to bring him to the floor hold him down. The flare drops from his hand, but it's still illuminating the two men.

Comment

• Lupo notices his fallen comrade and comes up with what he thinks is a clever move. He is going to use his martial arts knowledge of leverage, and throw the Jotun at the figure over Luke.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Emmett curses seeing the empty case and calls out over the comms, "The gem is gone." With that he turns his attention to the Aiden and Shadow Man and levels his gun toward shadow man's head, "I suggest you lie still."

Comment

The Shadowman, still blinded, is easily tackled and held down long enough for Emmett to level his pistol. The man's hat is knocked off and he blinks blearily, then squints up to the son of Ma'at. He sees the pistol, then lifts his hands as if in surrender. He makes a show of looking at the empty display, then drawls, "Oh, would you look at that."

Selene's voice comes over the ear-pieces: "Luke is down!"

Su isn't even facing Lupo as he hurls the Jotun, but the frost giant's yelp of alarm as he's flung toward her makes her whirl around and her blade punches through the giant's chest. Ichor splatters, and the giant jerks before going limp.

The woman slips the blade free and gives another roundhouse kick and sends the dying jotun to the floor. She stands erect for a moment, the sword dripping ichor into the flooded floor, then slides into stance, legs low and spread, sword held at eye-level and parallel to the floor, her other hand outstretched near the tip of the blade, fore and middle fingers raised.

She looks accomplished with that blade, and she has already proven how fast she is with how she dispatched Luke.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Lupo looks forward to the challenge ((he has problems backing down from a fight hehe)), and takes up a combat stance of his own. "Let's dance." He feels that she is a bigger threat then the lumbering Oni, if it even gets back up, but is trying not to focus too much on a single thing just in case. "Thanks for helping with one problem though."

Lupo closes, ready to parry or block with his knuckle/blade combo, and to dodge any incoming attacks. He is now wishing he has brought some smoke canisters, because being blinded only helps his cause (when the enemy is also). He makes a mental note to start carrying some..he is not above 'cheating' to win. Once again he starts studying his enemy to learn their moves and how to counter them.

Using the slipperyness of the floor, he ends up doing a slide, barely being missed, but over slides having slightly underestimated just how wet things are..he manages to barely catch the leg of the woman, instead of knocking her legs from under her, spinning her around. He collides with the Oni, knocking his breath out from him, but giving him a chance to give the Oni a good hit to the throat.

Unfortunately he had taken his eye off of his other enemy, and that gives them a chance to land a solid blow to his stomach, further winding him..he is going to have to end this quick or things will go bad.

Comment

• Jack looks over at Matt, and growls, putting the salt back into his pocket. Then he walks over to him, and kneels down, reaching out... And taking his fedora. "Hiya, sunshine. I'm the moderately psychopathic one in the group. Would you like to betray your allies in exchange for a promise of no permanent injuries from me, or should I show you that thing that the Maya used to do? The one that'd leave you alive with a hole in an unpleasant place, not the heart thing," he says, smiling pleasantly, with his eyes slightly unfocused in juuuuust the right way to make him look that much more crazy. The statement about being a psychopath was a bit of a lie- he'd probably be classified as one, for what he was willing to do, but generally you don't get enough supernatural psychologists to form a baseline for what's crazy or not in the son of a god.

Comment

• //GM Note: A little power-gamey stuff to give Lupo and Su some exchange before Lupo's post comes into it.

The Red Oni from earlier is still unconscious against the wall. Though he was taken out soon after, Luke did at least remove the other Titanspawn from being a threat.

Su, meanwhile, proves to be extremely capable with that sword, and the water doesn't seem to be giving her as much trouble with her footing. She parries Lupo's attacks and swings and thrusts with her own, but she's constantly moving when her attempts fail to connect, and her free hand and her feet are just as much of a danger.

One of her swings, when it misses, slices cleanly through a bank of slot machines in a diagonal line, sparks flying as their internal circuitry is quickly fried by the pouring water. Lupo manages to briefly back her into a corner, but she nimbly uses the walls as points of kick-off, flipping over him and delivering a thrust kick which he only barely avoids, but which nonetheless leaves a hole in the quite-solid wall.

The two seem evenly matched in terms of skill, but then the environment starts to play a factor. Lupo's footing goes, and she goes into a spin, her blade slicing in a deadly parabola which just misses him, but his foot manages to knock her off balance. She goes down in the flooded floor as well, but her legs windmill around until she's up in a crouch, arms outstretched to either side, sword gleaming.

The Oni had been coming to briefly, until Lupo's blow to the throat leaves it croaking and shuddering for air on the floor. This does indeed leave him open for a spinning thrust kick to his midsection, and she hits like a sack of bricks. Su's sword comes around for a blow that will, if not fully decapitate, certainly give his head consideration toward separating from his shoulders.

The Shadowman looks up at Jack crossly as his hat is taken. "I'll be wantin' that back later," he says mildly. To the threat, the Southerner stares, looking worried, and then surprises everyone-- including himself-- by laughing. "Really? You think that's supposed to scare me?" Jack would detect that his heart is racing faster, but then, he DOES have someone pointing a gun at him. "Sorry, cap'n. Psycho, you say? Mais oui, but you don' hold a candle to MacBride. That man, he more'n a lil' cray-cray, he do that psycho shit all day long and into the night. You wan' da scary, cap'n? Don' gotta look no farther than MacBride."

And Emmett would be able to tell that the Shadowman is being absolutely truthful. While Jack might be scary, something about MacBride terrifies him.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------
                          //Summary-- All enemies dead or neutralized, except for Su, who is battling Lupo outside the hall. Luke is incapacitated with his injury. Matt the Shadowman is pinned down. And the Heart of Winter is still missing.

Comment

• Emmett smiles, "MacBride isn't here. We are." He waggles his gun slightly for emphasis. "So, who has the gem?"

Comment

The Shadowman turns his attention to Emmett. "Oh, say true," the thief agrees. "Y'all bein' here and MacBride, he not here. But you think he not close? You think he not makin' real sure the thievin' go off true?" There's a hint of a lie about his words, but the man talks so smooth and confidently that it's not clear where the lie is.

When the question is asked, the Shadowman shrugs. "Oh, po' ol' me, I forget where le Coeur go. I was sure it was in my pocket." A definite lie. For a man faced with people ready to shoot him and/or cut out his heart (and not necessarily in that order), he's being remarkably flippant and relatively calm, though his heart is still beating faster.

Solomon Becker lurks near the front of the panicking crowd, noting with worry as police and SWAT start to turn up. Besides the haywire electronics and pouring sprinklers, the word about "monsters" and somebody running around with a sword, it only seemed natural that the authorities would start showing up.

He has a phone to his ear, but it's not actually on, it's just to cover his using his ear-piece. "Oi, gang? It's starting to look bad out here. Coppers are showin' up. Might be a good idea to get out of there."

"Doing what I can to divert the authorities on the city's grid," Selene pipes up. "Make sure to get Luke out of there. Johnny has transportation ready to get him to an Apollo-run surgery to save his life." There's a pause. "Lupo looks to be in some trouble. Made call to Ms. Black."

Solomon grins at this. "I forgot Fi's in town. Hopefully she'll be here soon..."

Comment

• Emmett: Inside the Palazzo

Emmett sighs, "Ya know what, forget it. Just tie his hands and bring him with us."

Fiona: Outside the Palazzo
                                (ooc: operating on the assumption she has met Solomon in the past)

Fiona gets the call in the middle of happy hour at her favorite bar. She curses audibly and answers with a half drunken "Yeah, what?!" When Selene mentions fighting its almost as if she is instantly sober.

Solomon's mention of Fiona seems almost as if it summoned her as she saunters over staff half-cocked over her shoulder. "So Sol... where ya need me at?" She gives him a big toothy monkey-like grin.

Comment

Working...
                                X