This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leprachauns!

The doorbell at the convent went, and the mother superior answered. She looked around at the apparently empty street, and was about to close the door when something at her feet attracted her attention.

"Faith and begorrah," she exclaimed. "Leprechauns!"

"Ssh!" hisses the larger of the two tiny fellows. "Don't let everyone know we're around." He looked around furtively. "I have a question for ye, Mother Superior." He paused to slap his companion, who's giggling furiously. "Are there any leprachaun nuns in this fair city?"

The mother superior was taken aback. "To my knowledge, there's not a leprachaun nun in this city," she replied slowly. The younger of the leprachauns hooted with glee upon hearing this.

The older one slapped him again and turned back to the nun. "Mother Superior, are there any leprachaun nuns in the whole of Ireland?"

The nun blinks. "To my knowledge, there are no leprachaun nuns in Ireland," she replied slowly.

The younger leprachaun falls to the ground and laughs so hard he has to clutch his stomach.

"Mother Superior," the older persists. "Are there any leprachaun nuns in the whole of christendom?"

"Why, there are no leprachaun nuns anywhere," she says.

"I told ye," the younger leprachaun gasps between breaths. "I told ye that ye fekked a penguin!"

Rapscallion

Er...Why would anyone, even a leprechaun, do any sort of nun?
    I find that a little shocking.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

It's a joke.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        Er...Why would anyone, even a leprechaun, do any sort of nun?
        Leprechaun's don't exist...plus, it's a JOKE.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

HAHAHAHA!

That was great.
          "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Heehee I'm telling hubby that one

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              It's a joke.

Rapscallion
              I'm aware.
              But I find it a little creepy that someone would have the intention of having intercourse with a nun, or that they would be relieved to find out that they had done such a thing, instead of boning a penguin.
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Well, as someone who came very close to becoming a nun, I find the joke hilarious, and I'm not in the least offended by it, but then, we all have our own opinions of what passes for funny or good taste. Some people have a sick and twisted sense of what's funny, and some people can find humor in simple things.

I think it's actually the absurdity of the joke that makes it funny.
                Of course nobody with any decency would consider having relations with a nun, and in the same way, a nun has taken a vow of chastity, so, of course it's a moot point that a leprechaun thought he was having sex with a nun. That's the joke.
                (Oh, yeah...and there are only a few orders of nuns who wear the traditional black and white habit anymore. Many of the nuns in my area do not wear a habit at all.)

Analyzing and explaining jokes causes them to lose their funniness, though, so it's probably best if we don't overthink it. Thanks to all this study and dissection, the joke died and went cold about 6 posts back.

Thanks for that. Nothing like a wet blanket to ruin a good funny.
                Last edited by Ree; 03-24-2007, 10:50 AM.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                  Some people have a sick and twisted sense of what's funny
                  Wow, Ree, you managed to sum up my sense of humor quite nicely.
                  Last edited by Ree; 03-24-2007, 10:48 AM. Reason: Fixing quote tags
                  "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Along that same line....

A guy walks into a bar, and asks, "Does anyone here own a 6-foot penguin?"

No one answers.

He asks again, "Does anyone here own a 6-foot penguin?"

Still no one answers.

Once again, he asks, "Does anyone here own a 6-foot penguin?

Finally, he shakes his head and says, "Shit... I think I ran over a nun."
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                    X