This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I've been lurking here for a while now and finally decided that it was time to join.

I am a working manager and have been for about ten years now. I worked in different movie theaters for about eight of those years and am now in what food service, albeit in the 'luxury' part of it.

At the moment, I am getting more and more and more frustrated by the position. I have always been a supporter of my employees and have even told them that if a customer starts yelling to call me over because that's my right, not theirs. Aside from that, my General Manager would generally support whatever calls I made regarding these SCs, even going as far as writing corporate before the SC had a chance to do anything (corporate tended to have the policy of, 'whoever gets there first is right'.)

At my current job, I get no backing from my DM who tells me to roll over to customers since corporate is so worried about complaints. It wouldn't be that bad but, almost every customer seems to believe they are entitled to things just because they graced my store with their presence. The phrase, "Yo, what can I get fo' free?", is a very common one, and something that I hear multiple times a day.

So, I guess that's the main reason I joined, to let off some steam over the people that I can't tell to piss off any more.

You've come to exactly the right place. There's also a great section for venting about co-irkers and one for managers. You are vent-covered here.

Comment

Working...
    X