This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was interesting.

I started having a chat with the Sales Administrative Assistant at lunch and got some interesting information.

1. She thinks my hotel company is going under and has been told this by people that know those in the company but don't work for it.

2. She's looking for another job because she can't take it here anymore.

3. That the reason I've never received a promotion with this company is because of the problems I had with the lying thieving former supervisor who was stealing hundreds of dollars a month from the rest of us employees by coming in at 4 am to do all the paperwork in the morning so the rest of us couldn't get any commission from said paperwork. I complained about her many times. So she sent a lying nasty email to me and copied my manager at the time on it. So.. because I complained, and she lied, I will NEVER get a promotion in this company. This she heard from the "higher ups" in the company and she refused to give me a name on who said it but I know this company so I believe her.

4. I'm a trained medical administrative assistant so she was wondering why in hell I'm working here when I could be making sooooo much more elsewhere, and I'm inclined to agree with her. Its just that this time of year isn't really hiring for anyone anywhere. Its summer. The only places seeing business are vacation spots that aren't in the middle of the bullseye for hurricanes in the south.

*sighs*.

I feel for you. I probably could have done without all that "helpful" info from the Sales AA, too...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

You called someone out on lying and cheating. Now you're suffering for doing the right thing. That has my deep respect, and anyone worth working for will see it and respect it.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*Disclaimer - I'm not a lawyer.
        ** I'm also assuming you're in the US.

There are laws out there that protect against whistleblowers of the company. You might want to look into it... you could have a case against them for all the missed promotions.

Hope it helps.
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I doubt it. I live in New Orleans. Louisiana takes the "work at will" crap to a very idiotic special extent and I don't have any proof.

So much for being a good moral person. I couldn't even complain to the upper management at that time because the owners wanted to take away our commission completely already and the managers were fighting to allow us to keep it. So if I complained, it would have just given them reason to remove it.

Thanks guys.

My husband used to work for this exact company. He was the Revenue Managers Assistant, Reservations Manager, among other things. He tended to do a bit of everything. He warned me about this company before I started working here. He had to fight for everything he ever got from this company, and sometimes they'd give things to him (like paid parking) and then take it awake 6 months later.

I work here because he got me in. The Revenue Manager at the time was the same one he worked for and he absolutely loved her saying she was one of the best managers he ever had. She gave me the job as a favor to him. I'm from Canada, and I needed a job. I had no job history in the US whatsoever, so she helped me in.

I have to say, while she was here, the department ran like clockwork. People were respectful, no stealing, and no stupid crap like liars who got away with murder. Then they fired her because she made too much money, and the then Reservations Manager (not my husband, he left long before I moved to the US) took over and the department started to go to hell. He's the one that allowed that former sup of mine to steal all that money from the other employees.

The department has been a complete and utter nightmare ever since.

If she was still here, things would be very different. That thieving former supervisor of mine would have been fired a long time ago.

I seriously wish I had that Revenue Manager back. We still talk to her sometimes. She's a very... "ballsy" type of woman. My husband likes to say she has "balls that clank" because she's fearless and she WILL fight for whats right, and usually gets what she fights for. I miss her like hell. I've tried to get a job twice where she works, and she keeps putting in a good word for me but they always hire someone else because I can't take time off my existing job to meet with one of their managers during the day due to my current Revenue Manager being a total jerk and insisting that ANY time off be accompanied by a Dr's note or planned well in advance. I'm scared to even call in sick once. We can't afford to go to the Dr's for that. If this were Canada, it wouldn't matter because there wouldn't be a charge, but here... it costs money (even with insurance) just to walk in to the Dr's office which I think is idiotic.

Sorry... didn't mean for that to get that long. This place is just getting me massively stressed. I want to quit so bad, you won't believe, but I need to be sure I have a job before I do. Losing the money while I look would really hurt, and I don't want to lose my insurance and vacation time without something to at least remotely replace it.

We are trying to move to Atlanta. We thought my husband had a job there, but it didn't pan out. If we do, then I can leave this job without a problem. I applied to a local Hyatt here that will be opening next year. If I manage to get on there, I'll quit this place in a flat second. Especially since it would be a job as a Sales Admin Assistant, which is what I want to do in the first place. And I will call in sick for that. Even if I have to quit to do it. Because this could make my career.
          Last edited by Moirae; 07-31-2011, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I wish you and your husband success and happiness.
            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X