This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O_o Waiting to hear about my time off

I'm waiting to hear about my last time-off request.

Right now I have it in "general" because it's not entire a MIM issue, although it could qualify as one.

I originally put in my request (twice actually) over a week ago, only it was denied (both times) because it fell during what they expect to be a very busy weekend.

Except ... the busy weekend is *THIS* weekend and the time off I requested was for NEXT MONTH.

When I talked to my manager about it he said, "no you put it in for this weekend." ... So I went and checked the original requests. Um no. I put it in for the correct dates... someone else had seen the dates and misread them, thinking it was for August, not September.

So I have another (a third) request in now. And I noted in the request that it is NOT this weekend.

I'm just worried that they'll try to deny it for being submitted too late, even though I technically put in for it actually over a week ago... and that it's not my fault they made the mistake.

How aggravating! Someone needs to learn to read and sort out information, methinks. *looks at manager* >___________>
    Try to take a sick day?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Exactly. And I know I put in for the right times because the form we have uses these little drop down menus for the month. So I know I picked "September".

The request result however is in number format m/d/y. Some other coworker had been looking over the manager's shoulder at my request and saw the dates and ... yeah. The guy had forgotten that 8 is August but 9 is September. And my own manager hadn't thought to question it.

But the good news is they approved it. Possibly because I kept checking up on it but now I can go on my vacation... one my bf & I have planned for for a while.

Which reminds me I need to start prepping what to pack. There's quite a few things I want to get autographed... o yes, did I mention... it's a convention. And some of my favorite musicians, authors, and actors will be there.

I already have one Jayne hat finished and am working on a second one

Comment

woooooooooo~ Victoly~
        :dance: :dance:
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

If the time off request is done by computer..

Screenshots and print-outs are your best friend when it comes to showing evidence.
          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

yeah the computer saves everything.

and the printouts help when they change the schedule without warning you

Comment

Working...
            X