This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakery Manager Died

This morning, I found out from one of the morning cash room employees that the bakery manager, who hired me and trained me on register before she became the bakery manager, has died. It turned out she had complications from brain surgery.

I originally called the store to find out if they worked out the problem with my vacation request. The employee who had informed of the problem called out so I'll try again tomorrow. It turned out that a few other service desk employees made their request the same week as me. I did mention that if I didn't get the week off that I could do the one day I needed off as a regular request off.

RIP, Mary (not her real name)
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

My condolences to you and her family.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
      My condolences to you and her family.
      Same here.....that's really sad.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, purplecat. My condolences to you and the rest of your co-workers. It sounds like she'll be missed.
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Oh, wow. I've lost 2 coworkers in the past five years, one to surgery complications on the table. It shocks you.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

{{{Purplecat}}} I'm sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm sorry, too. What a shame.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

She was in ICU for a while after the surgery and then went to the rehab center since she started getting better. She took a turn for the worst before she passed.

I had to pick another week for my vacation. I did get the day off I needed and the head cashier let me make that day a personal day.
                Last edited by purplecat41877; 08-05-2011, 03:29 AM.
                My Fanfic Page
                My Fiction Page
                My Social Group
                My Pet Social Group
                My You Tube Channel

Comment

Sorry for your loss.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of "Mary"'s passing. A good friend of mine died rather suddenly about 3 years ago after a brain aneurysm....she was about 77 years old, but she was in pretty good health and then boom. You just never know...
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X