This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Adventures

I didn't get the full time year round position I applied for in Montana. However, I did just get hired as a cook at a remote fish hatchery in Alaska. I'll just be cooking for the employees, so I won't have to deal with the general public. I'll be out in the middle of no where, so internet will be limited, if it exists at all. I may have to learn how to knit. It will be strange not to have a kitchen that moves under me, but being able to advance my skills will be great. As much as I love working on the train over the summer, I think this is going to be a great opportunity. I'm pretty excited about it.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

I wondered what you mean about "a kitchen that moves under me"! I thought you were talking about working on a ship, LOL.

Congratulations on the job! If you haven't got internet, you must save any stories for when you get it again.
    Last edited by Pixelated; 03-26-2017, 02:08 AM.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Thanks, they offered me the position last summer but I turned them down. It was awesome manager's last season so I'm glad I stayed with the train. I'm really excited about this summer though. It sounds like a fun job.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
      X