Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would you bring your sick dog to day care?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I had to pill my old cat before she passed, I stuck her in a pillowcase to control the claws, then had use the corner of the mouth method to get the pill in her clenched jaws. Sometimes she would just swallow it, and others I had to hold her mouth shut until it dissolved. We were both happier when they came out with a medicated treat form she liked.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Getting meds into a parrot is no picnic either, but I can do it.

And most dogs will tolerate pills, drops or whatever, as long as there is a treat to follow. I use freeze-dried liver pieces. That dog would sell me, the house and all it contains for a bag of those.
      It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
        Mongo, that link had me ROFL. So true in fact, that when Taz had a GI infection a few months ago and needed antibotics I opted for the one time shot rather than a 7 day course of oral meds. Less traumatic for the both of us IMHO.
        I went through a 2 week period of having to give Wendyburger eardrops for a bad infection some years back. And I managed to do this all by myself - with a towel.

That doggie owner with the 4 lb beanie baby is just lazy.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Whenever I had to give my old Manx kitty antibiotics I would crush them and mix them with some crab juice and crab meat. One happy kitty!
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

On the flip side, we once had to leave our puppies in kennels whilst away on holiday for a week-10days (can't remember, definitely less than a fortnight). We had to do it on really short notice, we're idiots, left it too late and this was the only place that still had spaces. So we didn't really screen thoroughly. Bad idea.We came back to find to dirty, stinky, miserable, frightened dogs. One of our dogs has a congenital eye problem, so he needs artificial tears put in every night to keep his eyes healthy. And surprise surprise considering the state they were in, no eye drops had been given. When we asked why, the owner legit just replied "Dogs naturally produce tears. Why would I bother putting in extra ones?"

Thankfully, no lasting harm was done. And we never ever have put them in any kennels again. (I know that not all kennels would be like this, but Mum's now terrified that the same thing would happen, and we have to take some of the blame for not having a) booked early enough and b) screened the place more thoroughly.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

Although I do admit I'm glad our pooch's meds - her heartworm pills - taste good to her. She thinks it's a special treat. Not so much with the flea-ointment but she tolerates it at least.
              My pups love the heartworm stuff too. I put the flea/tick stuff on them first, then give them the heartworm med. They tolerate getting the flea/tick stuff for the heartworm med. Win-win!

Comment

Working...
              X