This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to disintegrate Skype for Business and Outlook

Well, technically, I want to remove the integration between them, but it's so much more emotionally satisfying to say "disintegrate".

Seriously, though, does anyone know how to do this? I'm sick and bloody tired of seeing that damnable "Conversation History" folder come back after I delete it. (Alas, uninstalling one or both of those programs isn't really an option, as this is my work laptop.)

I'm using Skype for Business 2016 and the Office 365 version of Outlook, on Windows 10.
    "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Tools - Options - Personal
    Uncheck "Save IM conversationsin my email"
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Tools - Options - Personal
      Uncheck "Save IM conversationsin my email"
      Alas, it doesn't work - Skype just re-creates the "Conversation History" folder every time it starts, regardless of whether or not that's checked. (Though it hasn't actually logged anything, so there's that...)
      "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

If you don't mind getting a bit techy, you can use this tool: MFCMapi.exe

This is a Microsoft tool that allows you to do all sorts of awesome tricks with Outlook.

Do be a bit cautious... you can end up doing things like hiding your inbox.
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
          If you don't mind getting a bit techy, you can use this tool: MFCMapi.exe

This is a Microsoft tool that allows you to do all sorts of awesome tricks with Outlook.

Do be a bit cautious... you can end up doing things like hiding your inbox.
          I'm a software developer, so getting a bit techy doesn't bother me. (For anyone else who may read this later, he's not kidding - describing MFCMapi as "a bit techy" is like describing the Great Lakes as "a bit wet." Use it at your own peril.)

I've already turned off all the integration options in Skype, and I just used MFCMapi to set the "Conversation History" folder to hidden and read-only. If I can't convince Skype to knock it off and stop creating the damned thing, I'll settle for being able to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X