This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
    At least it was (presumably) just a customer being dumb and not one of those perfume reps who pounce you when you get near their counter.

I'm allergic to a lot of perfumes, the normal amount I can usually stand, but when someone snipes me with the latest designer toilet water I want to unleash the Fist of Death.
    Do they still do that? I would think that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The reason I'm not in jail right now is because nobody's ever done that to me. But I have heard about it. I can't imagine anyone would ever do that to more than one person, one time. I imagine the reps would get tired of getting punched first thing in the shift every day.

Comment

people are just rude. they dont realize that others might be allergic or might not like the scent of what they are spraying or holding. shooting it off in someones face is unacceptable.

im very scent sensitive, but there are some that i can handle, so when i test smell something, i check to make sure no one is around me at all, barley tap the sprayer just enough so that there is a few dots of froth that comes out.

and as far as people wearing perfume, i cant see why people want to be bathed in the stuff cause they can make me go in to a migraine or shortness of breath from a few feet away.

i encounter another problem, but since it is their space, its not like they are assaulting anyone else on a regular basis, im talking about when i go in to peoples cars to take information or to drive them in the shop.

there was this one car that had its trunk open, doors open sitting in the front area of the shop so it can get a battery. i couldnt figure out where this smell was comming from, kind of like a werid cotton candy smell. every time i walked out in to the shop, i would gag and start to get sick. finnaly i realized it was comming from the car, and of course i had to go in to the shop to talk to the techs for what ever reason, i was glad when that car was gone cause i couldnt stand it any more.

i now refuse to drive cars in or out that are overly smelly, im tired of getting migraines from them. lucky for me the guys understand and will take care of it for me if they can or find someone else who can.
      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Just so everyone regains a little faith in humanity, I was standing at a Seattles Best one day waiting for my drink and a tenage girl walked by me to through something out. As she did, her rather large bag hit me.

Not hard, no damage done, no problem. Except she did not realize it had happened, but her friend did and said, "Girl, you just whacked that man with your bag!"

They both came over and apologized.

See, not all bad

Comment

The people on the bus are awful about this!

There are women with huge bags who pay no attention to them. And both men and women with backpacks that pay no attention to where they are.

And the ones that really piss me off are the crowds that won't move to the back to get a seat if it's even remotely crowded and just congregate in the front area just behind the yellow line. You know, blocking part of the path that every single person getting on the bus has to go through. I bump into them on purpose, if they're blocking it too much.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

to answer one thought process on the bathing in perfume . . .people can get to where they no longer smell the perfume they are wearing . . .they become imune. But, it is their signature scent . . .so they keep buying it and putting on more so that they may also enjoy it.

Comment

this reminds me of a commercial for some cologne,

this girl stands about 20 ft away and says we dont want to smell you from here, gets closer or here, gets closer or here and so on till she is right in front of the camera.
              "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                to answer one thought process on the bathing in perfume . . .people can get to where they no longer smell the perfume they are wearing . . .they become imune. But, it is their signature scent . . .so they keep buying it and putting on more so that they may also enjoy it.
                Ug...these types are why I can't sit in church any more. The scent interaction and strength is worse than walking into a Yankee Candle Shop at the mall. My sinuses won't take that kind of abuse.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                X