Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm right, you're wrong, and I couldn't be happier.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm right, you're wrong, and I couldn't be happier.

ok so our chain of grocery stores is opening up a new store so we have tons of new people training at ours and so I was bagging for one of them today and helping them with stuff.

so this guy comes with his wife and BOTH of them are BOTH screen starers AND receipt starers. well the very first item this new girl scans is eggs and hes like no its 2.49 not 3.99. so I go to check. There is actually no price marked on the eggs they bought, but it says 2.49 in a place it could be misinterpreted (basically right on top of it), so our policy is they get that price.

that's all good. so I get back and she voids the 3.99 eggs and I add 2.49 and then 2.49 to the bill (they had two dozen but the second one was never scanned).

then they basically argue for about ten minutes that the bill went up. obviously it went up because I just added 5 bucks after subtracting 4. 5-4 is a positive number last time I checked.

so they basically go by "it better be right i'm gonna check this a thousand times because I know I'm right", and a few other things they argued about and were generally wrong

it is now 20 minutes later, and the guy comes back with his receipt (after the receipt stare phase), and is like ok SHOW me where the eggs came off. so I show him the first item is scanned, and it comes off. WHERE. uhh right there bud. This is only about the 20th time I've explained it to you (it took him forever to get it while he was checking out). then I point out I added the 2 at 2.49 and the other 3.99 was never scanned.

so he finally walks off. it's great to be right when these morons are wrong.

all these new people are pissing off the customers though. one moron had about five things and was behind one lady buying a ton of stuff and he just picks up his stuff, marches over to customer service, and I'm not sure exactly what happened but it looks like he basically ordered the girl there to check him out at customer service because he couldn't wait his stupid ass in line for five minutes. Not confirmed, but it sure looked like it.

Right after that some other moron was complaining that he didn't get the discounts blah blah your prices have gone up.
    yes we have a club card maybe you should get one, we ask you for one, and our new policy is that if you don't have one you don't get a free one put in for you. this guy didn't want to apply but then got pissed because he didn't get the discounts.

and the one thing that pisses me off about our company is we have dumb check rules. a 175 dollar order had to be redone. these two girls had a check but they were using someone from their sororitys club card and whoever used it had written a check for a lot that week so they couldn't write one over 150 and they wanted it made out for like 196.23 or some weird amount. I dunno but they weren't too happy.

but I'm just happy I owned the first guy several times. He was wrong after all. Feels awesome
Working...
X