This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman tries faulty return, I had to hold my tongue

A woman comes up to me trying to return a shirt without a receipt. I tell her there's nothing I can do but I'll call my manager. She pipes up "What, do you think I'd try to return something that I didn't buy?" I just stood there and said nothing but was thinking "Lady, do you really want the answer to that?"
    As an aside, of course my manager approved an exchange. I hate her, but for other reasons.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They always think that just because *they* would never stoop so low, you should know that *they* are part of that social elite that doesn't do that. I mean, can't you tell *they* don't look like a criminal? LOL

Comment

Ugh. I absolutely hate that. "I would never do that and I'm insulted that you're implying I'm not trustworthy!"

Listen up people. You are not a special or unique snowflake. You are a person I probably have never seen before. I don't know you from a hole in the ground. I do not know your past, your character, or your proclivities. You will follow the rules as set out, and like it, or you will go elsewhere. I do not care which.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        Listen up people. You are not a special or unique snowflake. You are a person I probably have never seen before. I don't know you from a hole in the ground. I do not know your past, your character, or your proclivities. You will follow the rules as set out, and like it, or you will go elsewhere. I do not care which.
        When I start my own buiness you will be the official 'Smack Down' person for comments like that!
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Woo hoo! I am so there.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            You are not a special or unique snowflake.
            Yes I am! I'm the Queen of All Evil~! Bwahahahahaha!!
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              Yes I am! I'm the Queen of All Evil~! Bwahahahahaha!!
              Still not a snowflake. You're a bit too much of a firebrand to be that cold

Comment

In the 2.5 years I've worked in our women's apparel store, no return has ever been turned down, even the suspicious ones.

At the very least, the returner gets a merchandise credit for the current price of the items which usually are now on sale at considerably lower prices. This always causes protests and grousing. Too bad, so sad.

The most "extreme" return I ever witnessed was a cheap-ass broad - oh, excuse me, I mean VALUED CUSTOMER - who brashly admitted finding unworn clothing bearing our store's label in her recently-deceased mother-in-law's closet. Although the items seemed to date from ca. 1975-80, our manager approved a merchandise credit for "approximate value." WTF? Approximate value as if auctioned on eBay as "retro costumes"??

<eye roll>

R.A.

Comment

Quoth RetailActress View Post

The most "extreme" return I ever witnessed was a cheap-ass broad - oh, excuse me, I mean VALUED CUSTOMER - who brashly admitted finding unworn clothing bearing our store's label in her recently-deceased mother-in-law's closet. Although the items seemed to date from ca. 1975-80, our manager approved a merchandise credit for "approximate value." WTF? Approximate value as if auctioned on eBay as "retro costumes"??

<eye roll>

R.A.
                  Damn, and I thought my mangers were bad because they approve a year old return. Clothes that are almost 30 years old get a refund, what the bloody hell was management thinking??

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
                    She pipes up "What, do you think I'd try to return something that I didn't buy?"
                    "Ma'am, I am sure YOU would never do such a thing, but unfortunately, not all customers are as honest as you are. That's why we have to follow the return policy guidelines for EVERYONE."

Comment

Working...
                    X