This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old old one.

Years ago I made my living selling electric toothbrushes, shavers and the like.

I was very proud of my selling ability and knowledge and also how I dealt with angry people.

This one still got my goat though.

There I was doing my thing one day when a Man (a gentleman is too much of a stretch) appears in my section. He is clutching a <store> bag containing a battered box, never a good sign.

He stated it was faulty, and it no longer charged, so I did my usual thing and asked if I could have a look and quickly test it. The chap didn't have a problem with that so he plopped the box on the counter and I opened it.

What I was expecting to find was an electric tootbrush of the Philips brand.
    What I actually found was a box containing the following.
    A Battery
    Wires
    A Printed Circuit Board
    Plastic Casing.

I look at him in a <are you taking the piss> type of face and he explains. He states that it wasn't working and in the instruction leaflet it explains how to remove the battery when the brush no longer works so that you don't contaminate land fill with Nickel Metal Hydride(sp?).

He however hadn't read the booklet as that and took it to mean that if for some reason the brush wasn't working properly the best way to fix it (obviously) was to physically break the brush in two along the midline, snap the battery away from the anchor points then destroy the PCB when removing the battery from it.

I stated at this point the I don't think the warrenty covered this damage.

He demanded a manager.

The manager caved, and I then had to put on my ever present Customer Service smile and explain that we could offer a full cash refund.

This manager also caved when paint bought from another store opened in the boot of her car, spilled over the baby clothes she had just bought and the customer demanded a refund from us as that's were she bought the baby clothes.

I very quickly learned not to go to her for these issues.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

hey guys need a spine install over here please!!!!
    We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

*Apallo hefts his Spin-o-Matic (patent pending)* Ok Mac, where do ya want it?

Comment

Working...
      X