This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    omg.. for somereason i now have the mentle image of a slightly overweight 40 year old eating bacon off Ron Weasley.....
    And i hate you GK because it obviously came from you
    just to share the wealth of a dirty mentle image me and my friends have changed my previose one to-
    Mad-eye Moody (or Hadgrid, Mr. Weasley, Or the twins which ever one creeps you out the most) in ass less chaps, feather boa, and nipple claps eating bacon off Ron Weasley in a Las Vegas hotel with the Bunny girl in the corner with the horsey still between her legs counting his money.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
      Las Vegas hotel with the Bunny girl in the corner with the horsey still between her legs counting his money.
      The Bunny Girl? Where did she come into play? What Bunny Girl?

*calms down a bit*
      The one from the episode of CSI? "Fur and Loathing in Las Vegas"? Which was actually a cat? What Horse?
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Caffienated bacon? Baconated grapefruit?
        Next best thing.....http://www.baconsalt.com/
        I've not tried it yet, but I'm awfully tempted!
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          What kind of land is this where you can't pretend to be in the Service just to get a discount on meat-flavored gum?
          Futurama

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Also...
          Need! Meat! Daddy!
          Same source perhaps? Otherwise, I have no idea.
          I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            I've lived in New Jersey all my life, and I don't know anyone who actually says New Joisey.

And it's New Yawk, for the record.

The first person I ever met from NJ was my middle school English teacher, who had a horribly thick accent that took me a bit to be able to understand. I was absolutely stunned when I moved here for college and everyone sounded NORMAL.
            It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

( No I don't know how she can't afford the bus but can afford a cab. I also don't know why she didn't just request a taxi van or two cabs. Also, if the cab can't seat 6, what the hell kind of car does she own that does? )
              Buses demand exact change and get narky if you try to give them a $20 for a $3 bus fare. Cabs actually have cash on them which is why they frequently get robbed.

As for the car...Station Wagon perhaps?
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                Buses demand exact change and get narky if you try to give them a $20 for a $3 bus fare. Cabs actually have cash on them which is why they frequently get robbed.

As for the car...Station Wagon perhaps?
                The buses here have their own automated coin drop kiosk. You just drop in change and it spits the ticket out. The drivers carry no cash whatsoever ( That's just asking for trouble. ). 6 or 7 years back the drivers use to give the tickets out by hand, but you still dropped the money in a payment/coin counter lockbox. The driver never touched it and indeed could not open it even if he wanted too.

If you have bills you're fubar. But at the same time most the major bus loops are by a Skytrain station and the Skytrain ticket kiosks will break bills and take debit. A transit ticket here is good for the train, bus or seabus. You can freely get off one and get on the other with the same ticket. Your ticket buys you a certain amount of time rather then a specific ride. ( The tickets are good for 90 minutes if I recall right. Enough time to get anywhere the transit system can reach ).

They have a magnetic strip on em is you just run em through the kiosk on the bus to verify they aren't expired yet.

Comment

Things not to say to someone if you're white ( Courtesy of the Skytrain ):

"Hi, how are you? Wow! You're *really* brown!"

Ever heard an entire Skytrain full of people instantly stunned into complete silence? I have!
                  Huh? This must be some odd thing about conversations in Skytrains that I am not party to. Why is this an odd (and presumably offensive) thing to say to someone, if they have just come back from holiday and have a suntan? Is "brown" an offensive word?

I is befuzzled....
                  A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                  - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post

Also...
                    Need! Meat! Daddy!
                    Invader Zim?

...If I rule McMeaties... I rule the wooooorld

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                      Huh? This must be some odd thing about conversations in Skytrains that I am not party to. Why is this an odd (and presumably offensive) thing to say to someone, if they have just come back from holiday and have a suntan? Is "brown" an offensive word?

I is befuzzled....
                      ....er....hence the "if you're white" part. IE do not say "Wow, you're really brown!" to some one of arabic/indian descent. Especially if you're white. As that guy did.

Comment

Ah, light dawns (i think). So it wasn't a situation where two friends (ethnicity irrelevant) ran into each other and one commented on the other's suntan, it was White Stranger remarking on the colour of Ethnic Stranger's skin completely out of the blue?

Then i completely agree. Indeed, it would be a very peculiar remark for anyone of ANY colour to make to a complete stranger on public transport.
                        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                        - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                          Invader Zim?
                          I am thoroughly impressed, seeing as I just bought the box set and watched through it, and apparently, I have the quote wrong. It's "Need! Pork! Daddy!" Still dirty out of context, but not as bad.
                          I award thee... a meat shake.
                          My meat shake brings all the boys to the yard, and oh My gods! I can't continue with that disturbing thought!
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                            Ah, light dawns (i think). So it wasn't a situation where two friends (ethnicity irrelevant) ran into each other and one commented on the other's suntan, it was White Stranger remarking on the colour of Ethnic Stranger's skin completely out of the blue?

Then i completely agree. Indeed, it would be a very peculiar remark for anyone of ANY colour to make to a complete stranger on public transport.
                            Exac-a-tic-a-ly!

It's especially bad with a White persion because Caucasians (aka, White Folk) seem to have a stereotype for being culturally insensitive and pretty much rude about those kinds of things, and that's just living up to the negativity.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              I am thoroughly impressed, seeing as I just bought the box set and watched through it, and apparently, I have the quote wrong. It's "Need! Pork! Daddy!" Still dirty out of context, but not as bad.
                              I award thee... a meat shake.
                              My meat shake brings all the boys to the yard, and oh My gods! I can't continue with that disturbing thought!
                              Darn you Juwl...you are pure evil! I now have that song stuck in my head....
                              oh the humanity!
                              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

SC: "Well my car's still stuck and I don't know what to do! I don't have enough bus....
                                So naturally I'm the one you turned to for advice? Makes perfect sense. I'm stuck
                                I think you're being a little shortsighted on this one GK. First of all, SC is so stupid he's missed the parkade closing by FOUR HOURS. Now he's gone through a whole range of alternatives in his little SC head and done the obvious eliminations of the ones that will: A) Cost him money. B) Inconvenience him. He can't turn to those with him. (They are were being chauffeured around by SC, after all. How bright can they be?) No, I think it is perfectly logical and sensible to turn to the one person he's encountered this evening that has the grey cells to answer a phone. (Swallowing said phone optional.)

I'll just take your tickets, grab the neighbour's cat, tape them to his face and let
                                Everyone else thinks you're kidding, but I note that your avatar is exactly the kind of cat one would want for just this kind of Exemplary Customer Service. The lack of hair for the tape to get stuck and tangled in facilitates the ticket removal process. If all of us here were so dedicated to these kind of details there'd be far fewer SCs!

Comment

Working...
                                X