This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I helped a customer cheat on her husband

A couple of weeks ago(found the call) this woman calls in asking about long distance charges on her bill. I explained to her that her plan doesn't offer this, so if she doesn't want any charges she would have to change her plan. I also advised she could get a prepaid phone, which she is kind of okay with. the reason for the ld charges is because the plan is for local calls only.
    The reason I say kind of is because this is a buisness account under her hubbys name and is worried that he will freak about the charges. I thought it was rather weird because if it's being used for this then why would he care. Turns out she is calling the same number and does not want him to find out about it. I tell her she can pay for what she thinks she has used for long distance before paying hte billing so the charges will reduce on the next billing, but the calls will still show up.
    After going over with her getting her own line of service or changing the plan she wanted to know if there were any otheroptions. Btw this is where the customer fails to understand what I'm talking about.
    I recommended to her to possibly use a calling card so that way when she calls the number in question and they call her with a card it won't show the number.
    She actualy asked me what a calling card was and where do to get them. I had to explain it to her as well as make suggestions. She couldn't beleive it. Turns out the number she is calling is someone new in her life and doesn't want her hubby to find out. She asked how I knew about this and had to explain that for awhile I was calling someone(my now live in girlfriend) with a calling card so it wouldn't show up on my parents phone bills. She thanked me and hung up, all I could think was wow, how do you now know some of this stuff?
    I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

She asked how you knew about calling cards and such? Um, because you work for the phone people? Just a crazy thought....not that your personal life is any of her business...and who in their right mind uses their husband's business phone to call their new boyfriend, especially long distance?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

it takes all types to make the world go round
      I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Quoth TWOLF View Post
        it takes all types to make the world go round
        True, and it keeps the divorce lawyers busy.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I'm shocked that she didn't know what calling cards are.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

i think that some times people who cheat want to get caught, even though they act like they dont want too. they get caught its an easy out for them.

but yah who in their right mind uses their hubbys buissness phone to call their lover. that is just lame.

it might be that the phone used is the only phone they have, or maybe the person she is cheating on him was on his contact list and she didnt have the sense to copy the number out of the list
            "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

When I worked in general customer care, I would get things like this a lot. Most of the time it would be from people wanting to make absolutely sure the call records could be taken off the bill. Then they'd find out th call detail is still available online and you could just hear the fear set in as they were like "Oh...uh, really?'

One time this guy called in throwing a fit because he had called in the month before to take off the call detail from his bill. But his wife was looking at his call records online and caught him cheating. This was somehow our fault. I had no sympathy for him. He wasn't sorry he cheated, he was just sorry he got busted.
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Hey Kara what's up?yeah I love those because all the call center I work for is regular customer care. Personaly my thought is if you want to cheat, that's your deal just don't get the agent involved.The onle I loved the most is the husband who wanted to know who is wife was calling and got pissy because I coulnd't tell him a dang thing about the account(not authorized). He finlay had to come clean about why he wanted the information and was mad that he woudl have to get his lawyer involed on this. I know people who cheat on their spouses and in some cases their lover lives with them, but this one was just wack.

Comment

Don't act surprised......there are people out there who would use their significant other's phone to call their secret lover, their significant other's CAR to go see their significant other, and even some who would use their significant other's credit card to get a hotel with their secret lover.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I love watching the show cheaters to see the people who cheat on their spouses, partners get busted and the try to explain away why they did it.
                    Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

Working...
                    X