This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We get letters...

I work for a water company, and every so often we get complaint letters mailed in with our payments. Here's a couple of recent samples:

(old cranky man who complains all the time)

"Three bills in two months!!

You all should be able to retire early, ....if your customers don't go broke first!!!"

Note: We offer scholarships to students on our water district. It's something we have been doing for a couple of years now.

(grouchy woman who is apparently offended by generosity)

"I just opened my letter about those scholarships. I guess that's why y'all have been charging me so much for my water!"

Yes ma'am, we are expecting "you" to fund all of our scholarships this year. We pulled your name out of a hat...sorry.

Quoth Emily Windsnap View Post
    "I just opened my letter about those scholarships. I guess that's why y'all have been charging me so much for my water!"
    Yeah, sorry about giving that money to people who both need it and deserve it...shame on us...
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

How dare you offer scholarships? In my day...blah blah blah...tune out...start listening again...wait, it's still going on...
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The title of this reminds me of a Glen Foster routine.

"Okay, what's the worst thing that will happen if we show this on TV?"
        "Oh, we'll get letters!"
        "Oh my god! More words organized into sentences arranged in paragraphs! AAHHH!!"

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Don't you just love those letters where they basically say YOUR organization is responsible for all the wrongs in this person's life, the world, the universe, and probably opened Pandora's box back in the day? If these people included a nickel for me with every one of their inane, poorly spelled, badly handwritten, yellowed, menthol-scented letters, I would have a BUTTLOAD of nickels.

Maybe I can convince the editors to start the "bad letter scholarship"...
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
          X