This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JustADude View Post
    Why the hell didn't she just have the guy call the order in?
    Because that would make sense?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Now, here's the real question. How many of you have had an SC over relay?

:: raises hand ::

Three hour phone call. Shudder.
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Because that would make sense?
        Yes, thank you Becky, I forgot about that rule there for a minute... Well, fortunately I am OUT of there! I'm back in a place where my anti-suck aura will be effective, though it doesn't apparently reach all the way out to the pumps.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Juwl~my ex-bf did something similar, when he had a stroke due to AVM at age 20--went home, told his parents he had a headache and went to his room to hang out. They caught him in time to spare serious brain damage, but his short term memory is still awful.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
            I told him I have a little Polish in me too...(draw pie chart here) and he got it...He kept coming back, and I learned how to say Hello in Polish, and the goodbye, and I am Polski!Cutenoob
            I too am part Polish (my father's father, I believe, for whom I was named), but I know pretty much one word in Polish: Xywiec. It is only one of the best beers I have ever tasted.

Took a couple Polish coworkers about a month to teach me how to pronounce it correctly. As best I can type it, it is pronounced ZHIV-ee-itz. Worth saying, I assure you.

Quoth amarisse View Post
            ...we had a deaf couple come in when i still worked at target...
            I have gotten many deaf people in my time serving tables, and my coworkers are often surprised to see me completely slow down my usual frenetic pace to wait on these people. I don't sign (though I know how to sign most of the individual letters), but I DO know to speak slowly and clearly so they can read my lips, and I always bear with them and, if necessary, provide them with pen and paper for any questions or their order so that I can get it right.

I almost always get a big tip from these people because I don't let myself get flustered or frustrated as (apparently) many others do.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
            X