This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprayed with air freshener at WalMart

I was in WalMart today, looking to buy some carpet cleaner.

As I was passing some people in the aisle one of them turned and sprayed some sort of air freshener in my face!

Did it not occur to this person that she was in a store with other people? I can only figure these idiots were trying to figure what would best cover up the stench back home, and had lost all common sense from inhaling the stuff. Maybe if we are lucky it'll render them sterile.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Wow, they did that and they still live? Worse yet, they still walk? Unaided? I've got to say, someone did that to me and they better be an Olympic class sprinter. Leaving alone the fact that about 99% of that stuff gives me an instant headache that quickly moves to migraine with "prolonged" (re:more than 20 seconds) exposure, a lot of that stuff has some nasty chemicals that if they get in your eyes could do some serious damage!
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Not just that, but theres people out there with severe asthma who have a reaction to sprays and could DIE.

Were they an employee or a customer? If they were an employee, I'd go in and talk to the manager, as they could have KILLED someone.
      The customer is NEVER right! Unless they're nice...

Comment

I've given up trying to 'look normal' when people do something that stupid in front of me. And since unless I really make an effort, my reaction to scents like that is to physically collapse, I'd have given that person the fright of their life. Especially if I had been having a good day, and was walking rather than in the wheelchair.

And my husband or my best friend is always with me: my husband would be coughing, his eyes streaming, and he'd be helping me out of the range of the spray. My best friend wouldn't be suffering, herself, so she'd dress them down while helping me.

We're evil like that.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I'd consider it assault and proceed from there (Think along the lines of Kusanagi and his "buddy").
          GFY

Comment

Did the person say sorry to you? I was once at a Walmart and this lady was talking with her friend and had a shopping cart in front of her, I was standing next to her cart looking at something when she moved her cart and hit me on the side. I looked at her and she did not say a word. No excuse me or sorry about that. I told her "No need to say you are sorry for hitting me with your cart, just keep talking with your friend and forget about hitting me with it"

One time at work I was helping a customer with a return and she had her foot in a boot as she just had surgery on it and this lady runs over her foot with a shopping cart. The lady almost fell to the ground in pain. She could not speak for a few seconds. The lady that ran her foot over just looked down at the lady practically on the floor in pain and kept on pushing her cart. No sorry or concern that she just ran over someones foot

Comment

Damn, I got annoyed enough when I saw people spraying the things at all. If they had done it in my face, I'd probably be facing a murder charge.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

It was some idiots trying to figure out what scent they wanted. I didn't get hit too badly as I was walking, and I wear glasses, and they doing the spray-sniff-spray-sniff thing -- with short bursts.

I'd like to say that I'm amazed at how, in a store full of people, that it didn't occur to them there *might* be other people around, and to watch where they were spraying. Of course, I know better. When I glared at them and said "Thank you very much!" they gave me blank stares.
                There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

That's why you spray at an angle of 45 degrees above your own line of vision, and step into the gently wafting smells, after checking to make sure no one's around to see you acting like a goob.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

When I was in the queue at WHSmith the other day some woman kept flapping her magazines about and hit me in the side with them. Not hard, at all, and it didn't hurt, but if I did that I'd say sorry. I looked her right in the eyes an...nothing. No apology for hittig me with her stuff, or being careless with what she was holding in her hands.
                    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Shoulda told them which sent you preferred...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I would've grabbed my face screaming bloody murder and had them arrested for assault right there.

They didnt' know what was in that stuff, they could've permanently blinded you.

Comment

I had some dweeb run his cart into the back of my heel whilst walking down an aisle in Sam's the other day. I turned around and said, while glaring and rubbing my Achilles tendon, "I'm so sorry for walking so close in front of you." Jackass at least had the good grace to look embarrassed.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                            That's why you spray at an angle of 45 degrees above your own line of vision, and step into the gently wafting smells, after checking to make sure no one's around to see you acting like a goob.
                            No, you do the Laboratory smell.

Hold product away from you, and use your hand to "waft' the smell to you.

Comment

At least it was (presumably) just a customer being dumb and not one of those perfume reps who pounce you when you get near their counter.

I'm allergic to a lot of perfumes, the normal amount I can usually stand, but when someone snipes me with the latest designer toilet water I want to unleash the Fist of Death.
                              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
                              X