This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont call my phone

I work at a large firm, a LARGE firm, im not exaggerating there are over 250 people in my office alone.

Some guy calls me (im the receptionist and work as a switchboard operator) and the following conversation takes place...

me: thank you for calling ***** kiwi speaking
    angry man: DID YOU JUST CALL ME!!!!!
    me: no, I haven't called anyone out side the building recently
    AM: YES YOU DID
    me: *thinking* jesus how do I respond to that? What can I help you with?
    AM: someone at your company just called me
    me: ok who was it, I can transfer you
    AM: I DONT KNOW!!!!! They called me, trace the call!!!!
    me: I dont have the technology to do that, what number showed up on the phone I can track it through the extension, the last 4 digits?
    AM: I DONT KNOW just ask around! They hung up on me!!!! How FUCKING RUDE is it to hang up on someone!!!!!!
    me: Its very rude, however I cant simply ask around we have over 200 people working.
    AM: what company is this?
    me: ******
    Am: and what do you do (to which I wanted to answer.... answer the phones and get the coffee dilhole)
    me: shipping and freight, do you use our company?
    AM: NO AND I NEVER WILL NOW
    me: Im sure it was a mistake, probably just a wrong number
    AM: TRACE THE CALL

he went on to say that he had never "fucking" heard of us and how "fucking" rude it was that someone hung up on him and his name isnt.... you guessed it "fucking george" and he wants to find this *BLEEPING george and kill him" because how rude is it to hang up on him and NO ONE hangs up on him and I had better find them NOWWWWWWWWWWW before he "BLEEPS me up good"

I told him that he had to calm down, and that I had his phone number recorded and that the phone call was now over because of his threats and of course to have a GREAT day!

Im so bad!

I can understand that he is pissed and the staff member who did hang up was rude (I will have to talk to my boss about that) but seriously, expecting me to run around two floors to find the "BLEEPER" who hung up on him....

not going to happen pal! The other receptionist could hear his screams from her desk and was looking at me with a look on her face. When I told her she was livid, I thought it was one of the best calls I have ever taken!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

That was like that one time a few years back, when I mis dialed a number. I told them, I dialed wrong and that I was sorry. She was understanding. A few minutes later her husband called me. He threatened to kill me, if I called her again. I told him, what happened and he said he was still going to f**k me up good next time. I told him that I was going to give that number to the police, if he doesn't stop treating me. He stopped right thing.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
    X