Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member hailing from rental-car-hell!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member hailing from rental-car-hell!

Hi boys and girls!

My name is John, and I work for Rent A Wreck car and truck rental. I only wish my customers were as nice as the cars I rent out.

I would just like to go on record as saying that this is the most refreshing site I have come across to-date.

In all fairness, during a typical day I DO wait on some fairly nice folks.... keywords here are FAIRLY and SOME. You know what I mean.

I have been reading all your tales of misery (and SWEET VICTORY) concering the wonderful world of Customer Service ...... and I just HAD to join in!

Thanks all for reading, and I KNOW Ill be able to add at least a few new laughs a week!

Quoth THIS SPACE FOR RENT View Post
    Hi boys and girls!
    !
    Hi there TSFR! Welcome aboard. Always thought the rent-a-wreck concept was an interesting one. Are the customers very different from regular rental car places?

Comment

The customers are "less pleasant" if anything. They call or come in with the pre-concieved notion that they will be renting some old beat up POS, when mostly our cars are only a year or two old (and in NICE shape)

Most of the stress is because 80% of our customers are what we call "pre-pissed"
      ....that is, they are either renting because they've been in an accident with their car, and/or are having BIG repairs done at the dealership

Yeah.

I WOULD be interested to hear from anyone that works for another car-rental company.... is it just as bad?!

Comment

Quoth THIS SPACE FOR RENT View Post
        Most of the stress is because 80% of our customers are what we call "pre-pissed"
        Pre-pissed! I like it!

We have at least a couple other rental car people that I can think of off the top of my head...

!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X