This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this so more people can read.

Still never seen anyone use WIC, maybe they just don't have it here, I dunno. EBT is used a lot, whether it be cash or food, so here's another example of probably a #6.

Some lady had no idea how to use the credit/debit/ebt machine so she's just pressing something in and it comes up as EBT so I ring it through and it says error transaction declined no money in food, so I just tell her she has no money left on her foodstamps, to which she replies "I don't have foodstamps, thank you very much".

so I figured she just pressed the wrong button and wanted to pay with debit or something but she did pay with EBT cash eventually. dunno what the big deal was??

Comment

From a overseas point of view:

1: There will always be customers who are numerically illiterate. "I believe I saw 6.95 instead of 7.95"

2: I've never seen the need for a bagger. In the Netherlands, every customer (in a grocery store) packs his own bags. Most of the time, it's his own bag so why should an employee pack his bag? It's a lot of expense for a luxury, having two cashiers working your groceries, better to pack your own bags and safe the expense.

3: Fortunately, credit cards are rarely used here, it's either cash or PIN (which is a direct transfer from your bank account to the store's). So credit problems are rare.

4: As said in 2, the customer can bag his or her own bag while you scan. If they whine about the lack of "service", point out the discounts the shop can afford by saving a pay check on a bagger.

5: Complaining to you about his behaviour is just rude. Point out that the bagger is not a trained monkey and that he does understand human speech. Even if he did made a mistake, the customers in line behind the complaining customer will be on your side because of your response to the misdirected complaint.

9: To all customers everywhere, self-checkout rules, it's just a further step towards self-fulfilment. But if the lines are equal, the cashier will always be faster compared not only to you, but especially to the customers in front of you. So be nice to the cashier.

Comment

Working...
      X