This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temper Tantrums.

Right, I have three small stories for you today. (When are my stories ever long, heh).

1. This happened back during the summer when we had an aisle of summer toys/baseball bats/whiffleballs/swim goggles/etc. I was at the second register which directly down said aisle. Brother and sister (boy was 7 ish, girl was 5 ish) were playing with the baseball bats. I think the sister wanted to look at the bat that her brother was holding and he was holding it over her head to look at it. So what she does is she smashes him between the legs so he drops it. Poor boy's eyes bug out of his head, he's bent over in pain. The sister just picks up the bat he was looking at and plays with it.

2. Remember the guy with the DUCKING PENNIES I had in my last post? I think his spiritual twin came by. There were two of us on register and the girl at the register next to mine is busy with a LONG transaction that involves food stamps. An African American guy goes up behind her register and the guy who was at my register finishes paying for his stuff and leaves. Then there comes in Neon Orange Shirt guy with a bottle of Gatorade. I call over the African-American man first since he's been waiting longer and Neon Orange Shirt guy seems ok with it. The man at my register is talking on his cell phone and not paying attention to what he's doing (plus the debit machine was acting up, he had to swipe his card through 4 times before it registered). Neon Shirt Guy gets huffy, arms crossed, yada yada. Suddenly he storms behind the African-American guy, SLAMS (and I mean making the counter shake type slam) the Gatorade down on my counter and storms off in a huff, banging into our doors and almost walking into the assistant manager coming in for her shift. Impatient asshole or racist bastard? Maybe both.

3. I was half watching part of this on the security cameras and waiting for one of my co-workers to get out of the bathroom (our security cameras are in the backroom next to the bathrooms). My shift supervisor told me what I missed because again, I didn't see all of it (kinda needed to go to the bathroom more than needing to watch the scene unfold).

Shift supervisor is ringing customers up down in our photo department. Hispanic man and Angry White Male are both in line. When my shift supervisor calls for whoever's next, the Hispanic guy walks down. Oh no. Angry White Male follows him down to Photo, starts SCREAMING "HEY I WAS NEXT YOU ASSHOLE YOU DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH YOU ___SUCKER MOTHER DUCKER GO BACK TO MEXICO BLAH BLAH BLAH" and yet waits for the man to finish paying as opposed to going over to the now free other cashier. He throws his change and his stuff at the shift supervisor and actually follows the Hispanic guy out into the parking lot, still yelling and even goes so far as to box the guy in with his pickup. The poor Hispanic guy is looking sort of "deer in the headlights" while this crazy idiot is screaming at him. Finally Angry White Male drives off.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

1. I pity anyone who dates/pisses off that girl when she gets older. Though I do have to say, that WOULD be an effective way to get your asshole older brother to stop annoying you...

2. Yeah, I'm gonna go with "both" there, too.

3. Crikey! Did you guys call security/the police on AWM? Any behavior like that warrants getting the guy's license plate and description sent to the police right away!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
      3. Crikey! Did you guys call security/the police on AWM? Any behavior like that warrants getting the guy's license plate and description sent to the police right away!
      Seconded.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

It may be dangerous, but I would've told that racist that he wasn't next and to please not treat my customers that way(in a rude but polite way if that makes sense). I cannot stand that kinda crap, and i'll let the douchewaffle know.

I have this privelge(sp)here at home, but I'm aware of the whole customer is king ideology in other places, particulary the US.To which I am heading to, in 3 months. To work. I think I may cry.

Comment

I did tell him he wasn't next. He was just being an impatient moron/potentially racist arse. Though I get the feeling he would've acted the same had the man in front of him been Korean, Venezulan (sp?), Greek, Italian or a woman. Just being a moron.

My supervisor followed the guy out into the parking lot because he was afraid that something like that would happen or worse, like a fistfight. I don't know if he got the license plate number or anything like that. Regardless, we haven't seen AWM since.

kiwiwinelover-You'll actually find that rude idiots are few and few between (well, here in the Northeast they are, not sure about other areas of the US) and that most people are actually nice and not all of us are Bush lovin' Hollywood partyin' types . I think most people will just start going on about your accent and such. Where are you going to work?
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            1. This happened back during the summer when we had an aisle of summer toys/baseball bats/whiffleballs/swim goggles/etc. I was at the second register which directly down said aisle. Brother and sister (boy was 7 ish, girl was 5 ish) were playing with the baseball bats. I think the sister wanted to look at the bat that her brother was holding and he was holding it over her head to look at it. So what she does is she smashes him between the legs so he drops it. Poor boy's eyes bug out of his head, he's bent over in pain. The sister just picks up the bat he was looking at and plays with it.
            *rotfl*

If you hadn't mentioned you're in the Northeast, I'd be half convinced that you met my niece and nephew. About the same age difference, and that little girl is a carbon copy of my pink-sparkly-fluffy-princess niece, who has a bad habit of punching or otherwise attempting to injure boys her brother's age. My poor nephew made the mistake of confronting another small boy who was trying to pick on my niece... she got mad and punched them BOTH, and E is a little on the small side even for her age. My nephew is now enrolled in hockey in hopes that it will give him a few more defensive skills in warding off his sister's temper.
            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
              kiwiwinelover-You'll actually find that rude idiots are few and few between (well, here in the Northeast they are, not sure about other areas of the US) and that most people are actually nice and not all of us are Bush lovin' Hollywood partyin' types . I think most people will just start going on about your accent and such. Where are you going to work?
              I'm probably going to get resort work, maybe in Montana for the summer but I'm not sure about what I'll do in the months before that! I'm starting off in L.A, then who knows? Heading to Illinois (sp) to visit a friends family member after doing a small group tour. I'm hoping to keep away from the big citites though, would rather see the small town, real America. I'd love to live and work in a small town, and meet lots of really nice people

Oh, and someone told me that my accent will get me tips. So that would be pretty cool!

Here's hoping I don't get too mad at some idiot and get kicked in jail/ sued

Comment

Oh, and someone told me that my accent will get me tips. So that would be pretty cool!
                Yup, us Amoricans loves us some for'n ack-cents.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                  Yup, us Amoricans loves us some for'n ack-cents.
                  Hahaha It will also be funny trying to explain to people where I'm from. Lord of the Rings! South East of Ausstraalia! Sheep!

Comment

Working...
                  X