This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little lesson on acronyms for any SCs

He wasn't really sucky, but boy was he dumb. In the U.S. there's a chain of restaurants abbreviated as IHOP and pronounced just as it looks like. A couple asked me directions how to get there.

The software our hotel uses also has a directory of the local bars and restaurants. I'm able to print these up and hand them to our guests.

So I print out the entry for IHOP, which has the name of the restaurant all spelled out. The husband looks at it and says, "This isn't for IHOP. It says International House of Pancakes at the top."
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Ow.. ow.. ow.. ow... ugh.. there went about a hundred brain cells.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

....Someone missed their coffee this morning, didn't they?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        ....Someone missed their coffee this morning, didn't they?
        But, they need to get to IHOP to get it.
        Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Oh noes! They'll never get their coffee now!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I hope they don't decide to go to KFC for dinner.

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
              It's not KFC it says Kentucky Fried Chicken.<Runs>

Comment

Actually, my local one says "KFC" rather then "Kentuckey Fried Chicken". I think it's only because we have such a high latino population (particularly one that doesn't speak much english) that "KFC" has more meaning then it spelled out.

I wonder what happened to TCBY? (The City's Best Yogurt)

Comment

Ahh, the International House of Pancakes. My favorite health club.

I thought TCBY was The Country's Best Yogurt?
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I don't think it's Kentucky Fried Chicken anymore. They actually changed the name to KFC.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                      I don't think it's Kentucky Fried Chicken anymore. They actually changed the name to KFC.
                      They did, then they switched back. Something about market reasearch on name recognition. They were too chicken to ride it out.

**Grabs cookie and runs!**
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                        I thought TCBY was The Country's Best Yogurt?
                        It's been years since I last saw one (I think I was 5, now I'm 21, almost 22). So I'll talk your word for it.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          So I'll talk your word for it.
                          They tend to nestle in airports nowadays, but I found one running wild and free near a bird store my Mom wanders to every so often to get our Sun Conure chewy stuffs.

I had a customer at Chesterfield ask me how to get to the nearest Chichi's.
                          My mind went... "Buh...? You WANT to go to DragonBall world? What the hell is wrong with you?"
                          My mouth went, "I'm sorry, where?"
                          "Chichi's."
                          "Never heard of it," says mouth again.
                          "Oh, my god, you've never heard Chili's called Chichi's?" In THAT tone!
                          "No, never. And I believe CHILI'S is on that side of the mall, on the outer ring," says mouth, pointing behind and right ish.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
                            completely

but I take great pride in pointing out that I live less than half a mile from the first KFC to actually be named KFC (I don't remember what the colonel was calling his restaurant before, but Salt Lake had the first one under the KFC banner)

anyway, back onto the regularly scheduled thread.
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              I had a customer at Chesterfield ask me how to get to the nearest Chichi's.
                              My mind went... "Buh...? You WANT to go to DragonBall world? What the hell is wrong with you?"
                              My mouth went, "I'm sorry, where?"
                              "Chichi's."
                              "Never heard of it," says mouth again.
                              "Oh, my god, you've never heard Chili's called Chichi's?" In THAT tone!
                              "No, never. And I believe CHILI'S is on that side of the mall, on the outer ring," says mouth, pointing behind and right ish.
                              I thought the Dragonball thing too!

I travel a LOT. I've NEVER heard of Chili's being called "Chichi's" That person is a nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X