This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    "Oh, my god, you've never heard Chili's called Chichi's?" In THAT tone!
    "No, never. And I believe CHILI'S is on that side of the mall, on the outer ring," says mouth, pointing behind and right ish.
    I remember a Mexican Food Restaurant being advertised when I was a kid "ChiChi's a Celebration. Of. Food"

However according to Wikipedia

Chi-Chi's was a popular Mexican restaurant chain from 1975 to 2004. It ceased to exist within the United States following a 2003 Hepatitis A outbreak that began at one of its locations in suburban Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Chi-Chi's is still in operation in Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Indonesia. Chi-Chi's also marketed a line of grocery foods (later purchased by Hormel) with an emphasis on salsa.
    With no mention of them and Chili's ever being the same place.

Comment

Weird, we used to have both Chi-Chi's and Chili's around Cleveland but I've never heard anyone confuse the two.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Actually, my local one says "KFC" rather then "Kentuckey Fried Chicken". I think it's only because we have such a high latino population (particularly one that doesn't speak much english) that "KFC" has more meaning then it spelled out.

I wonder what happened to TCBY? (The City's Best Yogurt)
        There are still quite a few TCBY's in my neck of the woods.

In Jamaica, it is often quipped that KFC stands for 'Keep From Cooking' (so our charming tour guide tells us).
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
          It's not KFC it says Kentucky Fried Chicken.<Runs>
          Kennedy Fried Chicken is better. It's the other KFC.
          whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
            I don't think it's Kentucky Fried Chicken anymore. They actually changed the name to KFC.
            And it's PFK in Quebec.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Plent of TCBYs in the Seattle area
              http://storelocator.tcby.com/locator...25&distance=-1

As far as IHOP, "If wasn't for my horse..."

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                They tend to nestle in airports nowadays, but I found one running wild and free near a bird store my Mom wanders to every so often to get our Sun Conure chewy stuffs.

I had a customer at Chesterfield ask me how to get to the nearest Chichi's.
                My mind went... "Buh...? You WANT to go to DragonBall world? What the hell is wrong with you?"
                My mouth went, "I'm sorry, where?"
                "Chichi's."
                "Never heard of it," says mouth again.
                "Oh, my god, you've never heard Chili's called Chichi's?" In THAT tone!
                "No, never. And I believe CHILI'S is on that side of the mall, on the outer ring," says mouth, pointing behind and right ish.
                Who the hell calls Chili's CHICHI'S?
                MySpace

Comment

There used to be a ChiChi's pretty close to my house. I think I only ever ate there once, though.

And I know of two TCBYs in the area - one near a major intersection a few miles off, and the other at a rest stop about 20-30 minutes out of town.

Also, I thought the gist of the KFC thing was that first they abbreviated it to avoid using the word "fried" to appeal to people trying to eat healthy, then changed it back because of all the "they can't legally call it chicken" rumors floating around.
                  » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

I immediately thought of the mexican place. We used to go there a lot...
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Never been to a Chi-Chi's, though I do remember seeing them.....LOVE Chilis though
                      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                      X