This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A child's version of hell

The "WTF is wrong with you?!" thread reminded me of an experience a few years ago:

Imagine being a kid and being at your favorite eating establishment: That pizza parlor with all the arcade games and spooky animatronic singing animals. It's one of your favorite places in the world, right?

Except that you don't have any pizza.

And you don't have any tokens.

So the many glowing, blinking, ticket-dispensing wonders surrounding you are beyond your reach, seemingly mocking you. There's absolutely nothing for you to do, except perhaps wallow in the ball pit.

Now imagine that you're in this scenario with about twenty other kids. You see, on this particular day when my family visited the pizza parlor, apparently a local daycare center decided to have a field trip. As far as we could tell, they sent just one frazzled teenage girl in with a large group of children to... well, loiter. Not a dime to be paid to the parlor.

It was a nightmare, with small children panhandling you for tokens everywhere you went. More than one person complained to the management, but the kids were still there when we left. Who the hell though that this was even a remotely good idea, and how many parents were likely to continue using this day care service after a stunt like this? One thing's for sure: that was the longest, saddest trip to a pizza joint for lots of kids that day.

Uh, wow. That's illegal too. I know there is an actual legal limit on how many children of certain age groups can be with one adult (much less some poor teenage girl).
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Wow. This is a case of epic fail indeed! Not to mention that little kids are certainly talkers, and they won't be nice when it comes to them explaining the disappointment they felt to their parents.
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Working...
      X