Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I guess a technical limitation is our fault now....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    I always liked TWAIN - Tool With An Interesting Name.

Rapscallion
    I thought TWAIN was Toolkit Without An Interesting Name. So I looked it up on Wikipedia:

The word TWAIN is not an official acronym; however, it is widely known as "Technology Without An Interesting Name." The official website notes that "[this name] continues to haunt the standard."[2] The TWAIN group originally launched in 1992 by several members of the imaging industry, with the intention of standardizing communication between image handling software and hardware. The word TWAIN is from Rudyard Kipling's "The Ballad of East and West" — "...and never the twain shall meet..." — reflecting the difficulty at the time of connecting scanners and personal computers.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Here's one cops use

FIDO- F$ck It Drive On
      Telling a cop, "My taxes pay your salary!" is dumb.
      Telling a cop you demand your shit without paying taxes is even more dumb.
      -Automan Empire

Comment

Quoth KMCA View Post
        Here's one cops use

FIDO- F$ck It Drive On
        Or the related one that I've heard soldiers use

FISHDO - F**k It, S**t Happens, Drive On
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

the classic soldier ones

SNAFU - Situation Normal All F*cked Up
          FUBAR - F*cked Up Beyond All Repair

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
            FUBAR - F*cked Up Beyond All Repair
            Hehe I've always heard "Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. But, "repair" works too
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

my favorite has always been DILIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A F@#$
              i even have a name tag that only says diligaf
              There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Hehe I've always heard "Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition. But, "repair" works too
                I think it started as repair as it was used to decribe badly damaged vehicles/equipment but when it entered everyday useage it changed to recognition.

Comment

Working...
                X