X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconceivable!!

Happy Friday CS.com

Couple of stories from my week at Lowercase Two.

Thems the rules, Lady
    If you come into the branch to put cash in someone else's account, that is fine. Even if you don't know their account number, given enough information about the other person, I can usually find it. I will give you a receipt for your transaction, but I must black out the account number. It is a privacy issue. I cannot give you any information about the account that you didn't walk into the bank knowing. That includes balances, transactions, and yes, account numbers.
    I waited on a lady doing this type of transaction. She didn't know her daughter's account number, but I found it easily enough. I blacked out the number on the receipt and gave it to her. She gave me a funny look and said "you blacked out the number so I won't have it for next time."
    I start to give my spiel about privacy and regulations, yada yada. She interrupts and says "They don't do that at other branches. They don't have a problem giving me the account number so I will have it for next time."
    My answer was something like "I'm sorry, but they should be following procedures." But what I wanted to say was "If they gave you the number to 'have for next time', why didn't you have it THIS time?"

Failed Joke
    I get to work on Monday and taped to each of our teller windows was a sign facing our customers that read something like:
    Hello, my name is Rhania506
    Did I:
    *Greet you as you came in
    *Call you by name
    *Ask you if I can be of further assistance
    *Thank you for your business
    If not, we owe you a free gift.
    Well first off, this is a siren call for sucktastic customers who are now rooting for us to fail so they can get the Free Gift (a pen or plastic cup).
    After about a day and a half of this insanity, I got a bit smartassy and put a post-it over my name. The post it changed the first line of the sign to say "Hello My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
    Let me explain... No there is too much, Let me sum up. I'm the commercial teller. I, for the most part, have the same customers every single day. They know me, I know them. They all thought it was hilarious.
    My manager didn't find it nearly as funny as I did and made me take it down.

Hope y'all had a good week.

~Rhania

Quoth Rhania506 View Post
    Inconceivable!!
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Rhania, I wish I'd been there.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Too funny. I have to say if I saw that at a bank, I'd probably be unable to do anything for the laughing.
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Rhania506 View Post
          Well first off, this is a siren call for sucktastic customers who are now rooting for us to fail so they can get the Free Gift (a pen or plastic cup).
          ...Or simply lie about it by talking to a manager in their nice comfy glass-walled office, who would have to take their word for it (especially if said manager was dealing with a customer of their own when the Sc came in)...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Only semi related: I hate the term "free gift." It's a gift, of course it's free to the recipient.

Ok, continue.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              ...Or simply lie about it by talking to a manager in their nice comfy glass-walled office, who would have to take their word for it (especially if said manager was dealing with a customer of their own when the Sc came in)...
              What kills me about all this is that we tried something similar last summer with disasterous results. Our manager put signs up "If we don't call you by name, ask for a ticket." The tickets would be used in a drawing for a "Prize". Tellers were each given tickets and if we lost one, we got in trouble. Our manager had to change the wording of the signs 4 different times to try to calm the shitstorm that took place. By the end of the summer we still only had about five legitimate tickets in the drawing (out of 8 tellers working for three months). I don't see why we keep trying to fix a problem that we aren't having.

Side note: I kinda got in trouble with that contest too with my attitude. The customers got it in their head that we couldn't call them by name if we didn't know it, so some just flat out refused to give their name. One lady was being particularly bitchy about the whole thing so when I finished her transaction I said "Thank you Ms. Rumplestiltskin. Can I do anything else for you?" She of course gave me the cat butt face and complained to the manager. Oh well, I thought it was funny.

Comment

Anybody want a peanut?

Comment

If only we had a wheelbarrow...

Comment

Say "Hey", and see if some Kramer wannabe complains to your manager that you didn't say "Hello".

Comment

Quoth DiRF View Post
                      If only we had a wheelbarrow...

Fezzig... where did we leave the albino's wheelbarrow?

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                        Fezzig... where did we leave the albino's wheelbarrow?
                        Johnny's wintering over in it.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                        X