X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer says no

A cookie if you get it.

That is what I want to say every time I tell a person that what they want is sold out. No, there is no way to backorder the item or waitlist. If there was, I would offer it because it still counts as a sale in my goals. Yes, I am quite sure, no I can't put you hold and go check in the back, because the warehouse is off limits to anyone not working the warehouse.

Yesterday, it was that, over and over and over again. I would get responses that they just showed the item, how could it be gone. Well, it is gone in your size, and today is a clearance day. No, no, nein, non, etc. ALL DAY.
    The angels have the phone box.

I probably missed the reference. All I can think of is the Doctor (9) saying "no" to the Daleks.

The Doctor: I said no.
    Dalek: What is the meaning of this negative?
    The Doctor: It means no!
    although I am sure that would be fun to imagine saying to customers who can't understand what "no" means.

Comment

Almost there. It is from a sketch comedy from Britian called Little Britian. Carol is character and she displays the worst customer service and just doesn't care. This clip is from an HBO series they did. I love her, I really want to say that the next person who asks me if the item is in stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pw8m_NTJ_0

The narrator of the show is a former Doctor.
      Last edited by starsinthesky; 03-05-2013, 03:55 PM.
      The angels have the phone box.

Comment

ooo i know that voice!
        You never forget your first Doctor!

Comment

Don't have the reference either, but I want to paraphrase John-Baptiste Emmanuel Zorg...

"No. The opposite of 'yes.'"
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            ooo i know that voice!
            You never forget your first Doctor!

I have that scarf! yes the 12 foot long version, on occasion I share it with others, while still using it! Current record is 3+me wearing one scarf!
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              I have that scarf! yes the 12 foot long version, on occasion I share it with others, while still using it! Current record is 3+me wearing one scarf!
              Same here. I gave one of the patterns to my Aunt ande she knitted it for me for Christmas back in the 1980's. I used to use it when I worked near the Loop in Chicago on those cold windy snowy, icy, cdrappy days.

I still have it somewhere.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

That was hilarious. I'd like to be put down as "(c) fucking helpful" at work

Best part was waiting for the computer....I have to do that every day.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  "No. The opposite of 'yes.'"
                  And there's always:
                  "I'm disinclined to acquiesce with your request"
                  <pause>
                  "Means 'No'"

Comment

Quoth starsinthesky View Post
                    A cookie if you get it.

That is what I want to say every time I tell a person that what they want is sold out. No, there is no way to backorder the item or waitlist. If there was, I would offer it because it still counts as a sale in my goals. Yes, I am quite sure, no I can't put you hold and go check in the back, because the warehouse is off limits to anyone not working the warehouse.

Yesterday, it was that, over and over and over again. I would get responses that they just showed the item, how could it be gone. Well, it is gone in your size, and today is a clearance day. No, no, nein, non, etc. ALL DAY.
                    You and I must be kindred spirits. I'm thinking we have many of the same customers.

Comment

To quote Doc Holliday from the movie Tombstone, "You're a daisy if you do..."
                      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

David Walliams, FTW!

Comment

I'm just a lurker, and I get it. Yay me.

Comment

Working...
                          X