Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I am weak and quitting early (long, CS/MiM)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ARE being paid at least minimum wage while in this "training", right?

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
      You ARE being paid at least minimum wage while in this "training", right?
      Yes, I am. So i'm not going to fight the "tips" too much, its whatever. Its just annoying cause I was the ONLY server, and the boss getting some of the tips was illegal I was told, but its...meh.

I didn't show up today. They didn't call. Hmmmm :]

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
        But honestly, I kind of expected to be treated as such, and I was okay with it until Bosslady was doing so in front of customers.
        Sou desu ka...? ~_~ -- Please forgive me if this sounds harsh, but neither you nor anyone else should "expect" that sort of treatment. You don't deserve to be mistreated that way, and neither does any other worker!

Good for you on walking out on that assmunch. There are many bosses, and workplaces, out there that will get you the basic respect you deserve. I hope this place -- and this boss -- goes out of business in short order, and that all of the workers find bigger and better jobs, including you.

So showing respect was bad?
        Maybe she's from up North? ^_^;> It has come up on this board before that, certain terms of address that are considered all but mandatory (and respectful) in some areas of the country ("Sir" or "Ma'am"; in the South) are considered more or less insulting in others (such as in the North). To some, they suggest that the addressee is "old". To each their own.

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
        and the boss getting some of the tips was illegal I was told, but its...meh.
        That IS 100% illegal, anywhere in the US of A. Also, at ANY time where you are not getting tips, they need to pay you the full "non-restaurant" minimum wage. Period.
        Last edited by EricKei; 03-06-2013, 10:35 PM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Sou desu ka...? ~_~ -- Please forgive me if this sounds harsh, but neither you nor anyone else should "expect" that sort of treatment. You don't deserve to be mistreated that way, and neither does any other worker!
          sou desyo.
          these people are from another country, near japan, where normally, referring to an elder by name is VERY looked down upon unless its a close relationship...and I was yelled at for saying the word wrong. @_@; (which I wasn't...I'm not fluent in that particular language like Japanese, but I asked my bf...who is of that descent as well)

I could call the boss-man the the male form of the respectful term, no problem, as well, so...it was just her.

I am not going back. Probably will be very looked down upon, oh well. (Normally, that would bother me, but its meh now)

Comment

If anything, you are showing strength by staying away from that place Being there can only make things worse.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Going to chime in here too. You are NOT giving up. You are recognizing a bad situation and doing the smart thing of getting out. Staying would only result in more abuse which would be at least as detrimental to your mental and physical health as not having a job for however much longer it takes to find a decent one, and probably much more so in the long run.

Comment

Definitely don't go back, hun. They sound worse than my clients. Seriously.

/hugs You'll find a better place.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

That ... err.. person needs to walk north until the polar bears get her.

But they would throw her back as too rotten.
                  Last edited by ParkingWitch; 03-07-2013, 10:25 AM. Reason: dropped a y
                  Meeeeoooow.....
                  Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
                    I have other job leads, I don't want to work in a place where customers and a higher up can insult me to each other and call me a liar. I despise it. I'm weak, call me weak, I'll take it. I may need to rely on my friend's hand a little longer, but I won't lose my dignity in working. I just can't.
                    No, you shouldn't. And you are not weak.

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." -- William Gibson

That is the problem. Bullying customers and a boss who'll throw you under the bus...yep, you were surrounded by assholes. To hell with them. You'll find something better and soon this will fade into a bad memory and a lesson learned.
                    Last edited by XCashier; 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Millionthed: Its one thing to not enjoy work and its completely another to be abused by the management.

*hugs*
                      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
                        I*snip*I knew she didn't like me when she got on my case for referring her in a respectful term for elder women in the language we both speak. (not Japanese)

So showing respect was bad?
                        Maybe she didn't like the idea of being referred to as an 'elder' woman? Who knows ... in any case, if she wanted you to call her by some other title/name, all she had to do was tell you. Calmly and politely. NOT get on your case about it!

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                          Maybe she didn't like the idea of being referred to as an 'elder' woman? Who knows ... in any case, if she wanted you to call her by some other title/name, all she had to do was tell you. Calmly and politely. NOT get on your case about it!
                          Well, the term could be used for anyone who is 20+ years older than you, and was much nicer than another commonly used word.. but I can understand it. It was still funny how I could call her husband the word no problem, even though he joked I should call him "big brother"

Comment

Being left to fend for yourself against a pack of wolves? Management really dropped the ball there.. I'm sorry you had to deal with that *HUG*
                            If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
                              I am not going back. Probably will be very looked down upon, oh well. (Normally, that would bother me, but its meh now)
                              Yes you are going back . . . for your paycheck. Don't walk away from that money; you were clocked in, you went through hell. Collect your check.

Ignore any snide remarks, get your cash and get out. You made the right call.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X