X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Pit of Despair

Yes. Yes it Would

SC: I want you to copy so-and-so's site. Down to the very links that they have. Just make this part purple.
    Seraph: Um, no, I cannot do that, it would be copyright infringement.
    SC: No it wouldn't.
    Seraph: Yes, yes it would.
    SC: Fine, then you don't get my money.

...I'm heartbroken. Seriously. I am.

THEY EXIST.

Seraph: Alright, can I have the password so I can login, please?
    Client: Malcolmjaynesimonriverkaylee
    Seraph: That's....ok. Long password, but I think I got it, lol.
    Client: yes, its five characters

Oh god. Yes. He put five CHARACTER'S FULL NAMES for the password. I always thought it was a joke. I really did. ITS TRUE, GUYS!!!

Classy, aintcha?

SC: So, I'd like to hire you for a car website design. I was thinking....

<details are discussed over the course of an hour>

Seraph: Ok, so a budget of...lets say...$400 for this part?
    SC: Sounds great! I'll get back to you tomorrow or the day after with the rest of the details

<a couple hours later>

SC: Hey Seraph, can you look at this link here?
    Seraph: What's this?
    SC: Its a super cheap template I found on this website that just sells TONS of really cheap site designs!
    Seraph: Ah yes...those guys.... Let me look at the link...
    Seraph: Is...this a car website design?
    SC: Yeah! What do you think of it? I figured I can save a TON if I just go with these guys instead of spending so much with you
    Seraph: I think I need to go. Bye now.

Real nice, dude. Real, real nice.

I found a lost Time Lord!

SC: Where is my design, you said it'd be up within 48 hours and its been FOUR DAYS!!
    Seraph: Actually, it's been...a little over one day.
    SC: NO IT HASNT ITS BEEN FOUR DAYS NOW PUT MY DESIGN UP
    Seraph: Date Purchased: 3/1/13 11:57 PM
    Seraph: Its 3/3/13....8:22 AM. A little over a day. :P
    SC: Just get my design up.

...Sure. Within 48 hours. Which means...it'll be up at 47 hours and 40 minutes. :P
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Wow. With the stories you tell on here, I'm surprised you're still doing web design.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      THEY EXIST.

Seraph: Alright, can I have the password so I can login, please?
      Client: Malcolmjaynesimonriverkaylee
      Seraph: That's....ok. Long password, but I think I got it, lol.
      Client: yes, its five characters

Oh god. Yes. He put five CHARACTER'S FULL NAMES for the password. I always thought it was a joke. I really did. ITS TRUE, GUYS!!!
      On the plus side, at least he's a Firefly fan.
      Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

Quoth aulocksmith View Post
        On the plus side, at least he's a Firefly fan.
        /cough....that was me. I didn't actually put his real password, LOL.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

To be honest, the "five characters" trick is a good way to come up with a hard-to-guess password, so long as you vary up the characters a bit. (After all, you can have choices like X23, XJ9, 007, etc.)
          "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I have a special place of pity in my heart for web designers...the stories I've heard of the dumbest people out there are almost all from that quarter.

Of course, then there's guys like David Thorne and http://www.27bslash6.com/ so I guess there are some silver linings
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post

I found a lost Time Lord!

SC: Where is my design, you said it'd be up within 48 hours and its been FOUR DAYS!!
              Seraph: Actually, it's been...a little over one day.
              SC: NO IT HASNT ITS BEEN FOUR DAYS NOW PUT MY DESIGN UP
              Seraph: Date Purchased: 3/1/13 11:57 PM
              Seraph: Its 3/3/13....8:22 AM. A little over a day. :P
              SC: Just get my design up.

...Sure. Within 48 hours. Which means...it'll be up at 47 hours and 40 minutes. :P
              So did you set up a timer so it would go up on 3/3/13 23:57 ?

Comment

"Where am I?"
                "The Pit of Despair! Don't even think-- (cough) Don't even think about tryin' to escape."
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Aww man, you mean my password of Benderfryleelazoidberg isn't a good one?

Note: If you think I actually have ever used the above...I have a nice bridge in brooklyn I can sell to you for cheap.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    SC: Fine, then you don't get my money.
                    Fine, then you don't get a website. NEXT!

You do have to give him *some* credit. At least he did listen when they told him the password rules. It told him that it needed to be a minimum of five characters and by God that's what he gave as a password. Regardless of the fact that he didn't understand, at least he complied.

And according to "How secure is my password", the sheer length gives it some strength. Something on the effect of 8 nonillion years to crack. So credit there as well.

And he used Firefly characters so that's three hits in the credit area there.

Not bad but funny as hell.

SC: Yeah! What do you think of it? I figured I can save a TON if I just go with these guys instead of spending so much with you
                    Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. NEXT!

More generous than I am. I'd have flipped the switch at 48 hours exactly. Unless it was going to take 20 minutes to upload and activate then you would have been right on the money.
                    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Aww man, you mean my password of Benderfryleelazoidberg isn't a good one?
                      That's too short--it's only FOUR characters...

<Primer ducks and runs!>
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X