This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race to the rental

Background: Our lake, on the 3rd or 4th of July, every year, has a grand fireworks show. It's huge, is done over the lake, and people come from all-over to see it. From year one of our taking over the marina, that day books up fast.

In fact, I'd like to announce as of March 5th, we are out of rental boats for that day. Not even kidding.

The smart people, when they come in to get the boat, will book it again for the next year. We usually have at least two boats in storage just in case one breaks down on that day, because we have no room for error. We've even joked about attaching flashlights to our waterbikes:

To make them legal, and tell the customer to get out there early, and wear a swimsuit, that's how high the demand gets.

Now, let me tell you about the two people who got the last rentals for this year.

They called at the same time. One was on line one, with my mother, trying to get a boat before the other, on line two with my father, got it.

Here's the trick though: They were calling from the same ROOM.

I have a feeling that, whoever got it, you don't want to be there the day they come in to use it.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X