Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a user come up with a great reason to get her own printer.....

Her sending a print job would knock the printer offline...

We never did figure out what was going on...
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
      "This is so unfair, they don't need their own printer to do payroll"
      We got this argument too. My manager responded with "Fine, we can use the common printer that your department uses. The special MICR toner for the checks cost about $300 each, and we go through about 2 a month on our own. I'll talk to finance and have them start coming out of YOUR budget."

She even had a response ready for the expected (but surprisingly unsaid) comment "So just use regular toner."

"Ok. Your department gets to pay the bank fines for failing to use proper toner on the paychecks." (We did use the wrong toner at one point for one week. Damn was that an expensive mistake...)
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        We got this argument too. My manager responded with "Fine, we can use the common printer that your department uses. The special MICR toner for the checks cost about $300 each, and we go through about 2 a month on our own. I'll talk to finance and have them start coming out of YOUR budget."

She even had a response ready for the expected (but surprisingly unsaid) comment "So just use regular toner."

"Ok. Your department gets to pay the bank fines for failing to use proper toner on the paychecks." (We did use the wrong toner at one point for one week. Damn was that an expensive mistake...)
        I'm glad they don't assess such fines to individuals for using regular toner. I have been printing my own checks for over 10 years with regular toner, and never had any problems.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          I'm glad they don't assess such fines to individuals for using regular toner. I have been printing my own checks for over 10 years with regular toner, and never had any problems.
          I'm pretty sure this is only as regards payroll checks, and probably only for companies beyond a certain size. My company outsources our payroll because it's just not worth the trouble to do it ourselves.

But we do our own payment check runs, and just use the standard cheapy generic toner to do it.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

it's funny how some of the basic users freak out when they find that they might have to get up and walk to a communal printer. o noes! they might stub a toe!

Comment

I'm one of those who would complain up a storm about walking to the communal printer to print.

But I'm not a "basic user" and most of the time, when I'm printing something, it's screen caps of the PBX settings, that I need in my hands before I can go further.
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
              X