This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you verify logo decisions

I feel bad for the people in the company, really do but this is too funny.

https://twitter.com/IAmASockpuppet/s...56159785885697
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

I had no idea what was wrong with the logo until I read the comments, and I would tend to think there are plenty of other people who wouldn't know either. I mean, it's not like they're using a swastika.

Comment

well not knowing is weird... as its in conventions, movies, games... pop culture in general

its even made fun of in other games.

Comment

I have to disagree, slice.

Should the logo designer have done enough research to catch this? Absolutely.

Is it "weird" for non-RE fans to have not caught this? Why?

Comment

morgana, I'm thinking the logo designer knew exactly what he or she was doing. If you read the company's response, the logo was created and designed by a hired third party. I'm thinking running the logo through a reverse image search site like tineye might have been in order, but how many people even know reverse images searches are a thing?

Also, it wasn't a logo I was familiar with either, since I don't play the game it's from.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
            I have to disagree, slice.

Should the logo designer have done enough research to catch this? Absolutely.

Is it "weird" for non-RE fans to have not caught this? Why?
            Because it means you literally have never seen a movie in the theater in the last 15 years because it's in the RE movies and there is always a few shots in the trailers.

I'm not an RE fan, I recognize it from trailers for bad movies

Comment

I've been to quite a few movies in theaters in the past few years. Don't recall ever seeing anything to do with the Resident Evil franchise. I just barely even know the name. And now, that apparently there's a logo for a fictional company within that ...game? Universe?
              Any referential jokes in games I play would have flown right past me unnoticed.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I agree with everything Kittish said.

Comment

Kittish, me too.

Comment

I too do not recognize that as a RE logo. I thought it was going to compared to an iron cross.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The company is based in Vietnam, RE wasn't released there and they don't really have cinemas. You may be able to find bootleg copies in the markets, but they aimed mainly at the tourist.

I can understand how the company didn't know.

Comment

I've never played Resident Evil, just watched a few movies. I didn't recognize it either. I did think it screamed 'car' more than medicine though. Maybe it's just me.

Comment

Reverse image searches are a thing. Somebody should have done one--for this very reason, because the thing you want to represent your business may get confused with something you very much don't want your business associated with!!
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I realize the Jain faith had been using the symbol for centuries (from what I've read, it's the second most commonly used symbol among multiple cultures, first being the sun) before a certain other group claimed it, but I'm sure they don't want to be associated with that other group.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X