X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can't wear shorts....

you do the next best thing

Lots of support for them here-and they look damn good...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Those boys are going places!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

They've got a good sense of humor about it too. I see them having years of good times together.

Comment

I like the boy that said something along the lines of 'it's not fair that they have to wear skirts and have cold legs in winter and we have to be really hot in summer.' I think more schools should have the option for girls to wear pants in winter and boys being able to wear shorts in summer.

My primary school had grey shorts and pants for the boys. The girls had grey skirts or pants for winter, but summer uniform was cotton dresses. It worked pretty well. Also handy because kids are clumsy, so pants with no knees left can become ....... shorts.

My high school (all girls catholic) had tartan skirts for winter. They had to introduce pants when we had a few muslim girls start. So instead of thinking, they just introduced pants made out of the same fabric as the woollen tartan skirts. Can you say 'itchy'? Because bloody hell were they itchy and they looked like golf pants. What self respecting teenage girl wants to wear golf pants? And you try wearing woollen pants in the middle of summer in Oz.
        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
          they just introduced pants made out of the same fabric as the woollen tartan skirts. Can you say 'itchy'?And you try wearing woollen pants in the middle of summer in Oz.
          Could have been worse - imagine British girls wearing pants made of the same material.

Note that "pants" has a different meaning in Britain than in North America - don't know which meaning applies in Australia.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Oh my fucking god! I forgot the pants/trousers thing in the UK.

I meant trousers. Hahahaha!! Pants and trousers are both used interchangeable. We use knickers or undies to describe girl's or women's underwear in Oz.

Don't mind me I'm just going to go hide.
            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

I am old enough to remember when girls weren't allowed to wear pants (or trousers ... I'm not sure what the issue is in the UK ... do I dare ask?) to school, even in the bitterest winter weather.

Well, that's not exactly accurate. We would put them on for the walk to and from school, and for recess, but once in the building there'd be a mad rush for the loo where we'd remove the offending articles so we could be "properly" dressed for classes.

And I saw the video with the interviews of those guys. They are awesome. I would be so proud to have any or all of them for my sons.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                I am old enough to remember when girls weren't allowed to wear pants (or trousers ... I'm not sure what the issue is in the UK ... do I dare ask?) to school, even in the bitterest winter weather.
                "Pants" is the grown-up word for knickers (or panties, if you're from the US). Whenever someone starts talking about walking around in their pants any Brit first gets the image of someone walking around in their underwear...!
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

The No Pants Subway Ride started in the US. They changed the name for the London event to No Trousers On the Tube Ride.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Didn't something like this happen last summer with Swedish train operators? I seem to recall reading about it last year or the year before (I have some trouble with time).
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                      "Pants" is the grown-up word for knickers (or panties, if you're from the US). Whenever someone starts talking about walking around in their pants any Brit first gets the image of someone walking around in their underwear...!
                      I'll try to remember that if ever I get back to the UK ...
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Try being an Aussie out in the world talking about their favourite summer footwear. They are thongs for us and flip flops everywhere else, except for New Zealand I think. (Can any Kiwis let us know?) We call the underwear kind g-strings.

Talk about your favourite pair of thongs in a pub and watch all the guys perk up and look over, especially when you aren't clear that you mean the feet kind.

Comment

I remember watching the Statler Brothers with the family. They had a song banned in the UK for having the line, "knickers down to your knees."

In the US, knickers are a style of shorts. In the UK, knickers are lady's underwear.
                          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                            I remember watching the Statler Brothers with the family. They had a song banned in the UK for having the line, "knickers down to your knees."
                            Well, the Statler Brothers did have a song about a prostitute, Bed of Roses. It was one of my mother's favorites.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X