This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pick the red or blue pill?

Saw this on Facebook today and was wondering which one people would pick?

'Take the Red Pill and restart your life at age 10 with all the knowledge you have now.
    Or take the Blue Pill and jump to 45 years old with $50 million in the bank.'

I didn't even need to think about it. I would take the blue pill in a heartbeat. No way in hell would I go back through the nightmare that primary and high school was. Even with the knowledge I have know, I wouldn't want to live through the bullying and the depression again. I'm still a bit messed up from everything that happened.

$50 million would mean I wouldn't have to work again and I could just travel for the rest of my life. I probably wouldn't even spend it all, just invest a huge chunk and live on the interest with a holiday every 6 months or so. Or chase summer, 6 months in Oz for our summer then 6 months in Europe.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Would I literally go back in time, or would I reset to age 10 in 2017? If I went back to when I was ten, in 1996, then the Red Pill. If I was 10 in 2017 then the Blue Pill. I have no interest in being a child now. But if I had all my knowledge in 1996 I'd invest in stuff like Amazon.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Well, I'd take the blue pill for sure. I wouldn't mind going back 4 years (damn it I'm not ready for AARP!) and the money would solve my problems. I could quit my job and move someplace else. And since this is fantasy I'm going to question any of the legalities of how I ended up with that money.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Yeah with me it would depend on going back to the 10 years old (with LOTS of knowledge in 1970) HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMM that might be tempting going back to

10 years old in 2017 (even with all of the knowledge) NO FRIGGIN WAY I could handle the stuff back then BUT NOW with phones the internet, social media cable TV NOPE.

Jump back 12 years to 45 and have $50 million that would be a VERY VERY nice thing
        Become 45 again in 2017 w/$50 mil yeah very doable.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'd take the blue pill . I'd only be 2 years older but richer. besides I don't want to be 10 again, that was one of the toughest periods of my life.

Comment

I'd take the blue pill. I'll be 45 in October anyway so it's not that huge of a jump for me. Besides, my childhood truly sucked and I'd rather not have to go through that all over again.

Comment

Tough choice. Is $50,000,000 worth losing 5 years on my life? Also, some of the health and financial problems I'm having now (and have happened in my family) could be avoided if I went back in time to when I was 10 years old as opposed to stayed now and became 10 years old. Clarification needed, op! Are we talking time travel or de-aging?
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I would take the red pill.

If it was time travel back to 1958 with all I now know the possibilities are endless. And 50 million by the time I turned 45 would be a cakewalk. Not to mention gaining another 59 years of life.

If it was just reset the age and still be in the present day, all of my knowledge would give me a every big edge on dealing with people and circumstances since I wouldn't have to be learning all that stuff all over again. Did I mention the part about another 59 years of life?

By the way, what flavors are they?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

That's actually a tough question. I think I'd take the red pill. While my childhood sucked I'm very sure I could do better with the knowledge I have and in one particular way, I could DEFINITELY do better. My whole life would be different.

On the other hand, I'm 39 now and my life is pretty nice... the blue pill looks tempting...

Comment

Exactly what dawnfire said. <copy> <paste>
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Either way, I'd be getting younger . . .

If I could start life over at ten years old in 1961, knowing what I know now? There are so many things I'd do differently. I might even have that $50M by age 45. Red.

If I was starting over at age 10 NOW? No way. Blue it is.

Comment

If I'd be starting "over" at age 10 in 1989, then red pill it is. There's a lot of personal stuff that I wish I handled differently, and some aspects of middle/high school/that part of life that I wouldn't mind repeating (I'd not do some stupid shit I did and and do smart shit I should have done). If I fixed what I did wrong, I'd probably have that money anyway (or enough to make me comfortable with things) by 45.

Age 10 now? No way. Blue pill in that case. Kids are cruel, much worse than I remember at that age.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Blue. The red sounds great, but a 10 year old with the knowledge of a 60 year old who's been through a lot of grief would be a basket case.

I'd go back to 45 with $10 mil, sure. I'd quit my job, because even 15 years ago I could see what was coming, job wise.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'd go Blue. I'm 45 now and I hated when I was 10.

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                              'Take the Red Pill and restart your life at age 10 with all the knowledge you have now.
                              Or take the Blue Pill and jump to 45 years old with $50 million in the bank.'
                              I'd be jumping back in time anyway, since I'm almost 48.

Definitely blue pill. Lifetime financial security, don't have to relive the hell of an adolescence of being the school outcast and coming home to a violent alcoholic mother.
                              Last edited by EricKei; 06-30-2017, 09:10 PM. Reason: snip
                              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                              X