This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picky Picky

We have a lady check in today, she has already managed to annoy us long before she even arrived. Her first crime asking to get a discount because "she's only staying one night". Lots of people only stay one night and she had already gotten an AAA discount.

She comes in a couple of hours before check-in time and says "I know I'm early but I really need time to unload before my appointment" She gets into her room and complains that it has a sliding glass door and is therefore "unsafe". She insists that she rented a two bedroom suite with king sized beds. One problem though rooms like that don't exist at our hotel. She swore up and down that she rented online but there are no records supporting it. She then contradicts herself and says a gentleman answered and told her she was getting a two bedroom suite.

She then says she doesn't want anyone in the room above her because "she's a light sleeper" and doesn't want people walking around upstairs. She ended up transferring to an upstairs room which wasn't rented.

I wish a family had rented a room above her I would've given them gifts of tap shoes and pogo sticks
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Well, if it was so important the room above stay empty as per her specifications, maybe she should have rented that room as well.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      Well, if it was so important the room above stay empty as per her specifications, maybe she should have rented that room as well.
      But then *technically* she wouldn't be staying in that room and then she would have needed another discount . . .
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
        We have a lady check in today, she has already managed to annoy us long before she even arrived. Her first crime asking to get a discount because "she's only staying one night".
        "No, ma'am, you only get the discounts if you stay for at least a week..."

Comment

Give the discount for the "unsafe" glass door, and for the "2 bedroom" she didn't get.
          Then charge her an early check-in fee, and she will have to pay to change her room to the top floor.
          Don't tell her she only gets a discount if she stays longer.
          She might take you up on it!
          Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
          The following is subject to change:
          If Your Going Through Hell,
          Keep Going...

Comment

I wish a family had rented a room above her I would've given them gifts of tap shoes and pogo sticks
            Either that, or put her in an end room, near the staircase. Let her listen to the thump thump of people walking up the stairs all night. Either that, or put her in a room near the vending machines. Or better yet, see if there is a room near both of the above!

Yeah, I know, I'm mean.
            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Is that all? No WWE-style wrestling practice? No local thrash metal band?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm thinking next to the A/C machines, below a steel band booked room, above a brass band booked room inbetween two families from the 'loud as you like' convention who also happen to be at the 'we like to have our wives pregnant all the time for the last fifteen years' convention

Now thats mean
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

hahahahahahaha I know a guy that him and his wife who are quiet and to themselves people, and they moved into an apartment next to a screamer

Comment

variation on the theme of people wanting discounts for length of stay (either long or short), I hate the people who will book 3 rooms and demand a discount sense they are booking so many rooms... no we don't give discounts until you have at least 10 rooms, and for that you will need to speak to a sales manager... and most of these people are calling when all except the lowest level managers have left our hotels for the night/weekend.
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                    X