This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I sucky?

OK here's the scenario and I want to get other views on it. I was going into my bank and it was fairly crowded. There was a spot up front but the car in the spot to the right of it was over the line. These spot are the ones with the one foot gap between parking spaces so you have room to open your doors. The other car was probably 1/2 to 3/4 over the line. I looked at it and thought screw it, it's not my fault they don't know how to park and I'm only gonna be in here for a couple min anyway if they can't get into there car. So I pulled in, completly in my spot but still close to the other car.

When I come out (less that 5 min) I start to get in my car I hear a voice say something like ". . . can't get out of my car". I look over and see an older lady glaring daggers at me from the drivers seat of the other car. I was like OH SHIT and quickly got in my car and left. I felt so bad, I had glanced at the car when I pulled in but must have missed her. Then something occured to me, why the devil couldn't she just have fixed her park job? How could she be parked in when she was already in the car? So I felt a little better.

There were other spots at the bank, that was just the closest. So was I sucky?
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Inconvenience yourself due to there mistake? Nononono. I would not say sucky.
    "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
    James from Pokémon.

Comment

If people park skew, then it's not my problem. I will stay in my designated parking area, and if their parking squiffy inconveniences them, I dont' care.
      If I was the one parking squiffy tho, then it's a different story.
      But I don't - I will reverse out and try again till I'm within the lines!
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

No, but she was mildly stupid for not thinking to just back out and park again. And I think you were actually kinda nice for not sticking your head out of the car and telling the lady how dumb she was being. :-)

Comment

The way I look at it - as long as you are within the lines in your own parking spot, it's fair game.

Comment

You were not sucky. She parked like a moronic caribou and is therefore the offending party. Infact she is lucky because most people would have given her a rather nasty diatribe as to her parking ability and then encouraging her to go and fornicate with herself.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

This reminds me of an occurence where an old lady yelled at me. I was standing outside taking a smokebreak, she parked in an area clearly marked with slanted yellow lines, and when I tried to politely tell her that it wasn't a parking space, I didn't want her to get towed or anything, there was a parking space three feet to the left, etc etc, she screamed at me that she parked there all the time and that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Whatever, you old hag.
              Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Nope, not sucky. You have the right to park there, and she can deal with it. I, on the other hand, would have ignored her. But I'm slightly evil and hate all humanity. :P

JF
                First Lesson I learned from working in a bookstore:
                People who can read are made of the same rudeness as those who cannot.

Comment

Nope, not sucky. The other night, SO and I went out to a restaurant, and some jackass with a subaru outback with a trailer, decided that instead of pulling through and taking 2 spaces, he was going to park across 5 spaces. The genius here parked in such a way that the trailer and car were at an angle similar to ^. There was no room where they were at to backup, and their front bumper was just on the line of a spot. So SO decided that he HAD to park in that spot. We were actually looking forward to seeing them on our way out, but alas no such luck.

Here is a try at a visual:
                  ____________ CURB
                  |M| | |^| | |
                  |M| |^| |^| |
                  |M|^| | | |^|

| | | | | | |
                  | | | | | | |
                  |_|_|_|_|_|_|
                  | | | | | | |
                  | | | | | | |
                  | | | | | | |

MMM = Me
                  ^^^ = Jerkface

And yes ALL of the double pull-through spots were open.
                  The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

lol

Digilight: She parked like a moronic caribou and is therefore the offending party

For some reason I find that line incredibly amusing. Maybe it's cause it's 3am

And dammit I somehow screwed up the quote feature and had to type it in by hand
                    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                      This reminds me of an occurence where an old lady yelled at me. I was standing outside taking a smokebreak, she parked in an area clearly marked with slanted yellow lines, and when I tried to politely tell her that it wasn't a parking space, I didn't want her to get towed or anything, there was a parking space three feet to the left, etc etc, she screamed at me that she parked there all the time and that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Whatever, you old hag.
                      That's when the local police get a heads up that someone is illegally parking (bonus points if it's near a fire lane or handicapped space). There's nary a town around that wouldn't welcome the extra bit of income from a parking violation equivalent of a gimme.
                      "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
                      X