Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It takes a special kind of person to break into a closed business, then wait for staff to serve you rather than just helping yourself!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I wish I had more info for you guys, but what I have posted is all I know as the story is second hand. I don't think Boss wants to press charges. She has been in the pub trade for almost 30 years and I don't think anything surprises her anymore. Judging from what she told me, her reaction was like a defeated Kif from Futurama, so she just let them disappear into the distance while she locked the doors and returned to her home.

Comment

Just when I thought humanity couldn't get any more brain-dead, there's a new low. Forget the movies; the zombie apocalypse is already here.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

She's a hell of a lot more forgiving than I would be under the circumstances...

In the UK are businesses charged for false alarms? I know in certain states of the US owners have to pay the police and/or fire department for false alarms, not to mention they get cranky if the business in question has a lot of them. Seems only fitting these fools foot the bill...

Comment

But this wasn't a false alarm. Someone had actually broken into the premises.

Most likely once the Police and the Boss realized this was possibly the dumbest family (or parental units at least) on the Islands and not 'real' criminals, they just shoved them out the door and called it a day.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
              But this wasn't a false alarm. Someone had actually broken into the premises.
              In which case an arrest should have been made...

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                I wish I had more info for you guys, but what I have posted is all I know as the story is second hand. I don't think Boss wants to press charges.
                Understood. I'm sure that nothing DOES surprise her anymore -- including this. I would've pressed charges as much to watch them squirm as anything else (oh, and to get back the costs of fixing the door. And possibly to have Daddy Dumbest banned from every carrying a brolly again. )
                Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Winners of the "Stupidest People in the UK in2016" award. Took them long enough to show up, they made it into the competition with just a week to go and took the lead immediately!

Seriously, someone should send a "prize" to them - A sign they can post in their front yard "honoring" them as Biggest Idiots or something.

You have to know that if someone broke into their home, they would press charges!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm still wondering who on earth goes into a pub on Christmas Day to get ice cream.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                      I'm still wondering who on earth goes into a pub on Christmas Day to get ice cream.
                      Morons who can't understand why breaking and entering is a bad idea I agree the manager should had pressed charges.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'd press charges. Being stupid shouldn't be a license to fuck with the world.

Comment

But the manager let us break and enter last time!
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

*blink* *blink* What the wha.....??
                            Inconceivable!

Yeah, I'd press charges too. Stupid is not a good excuse.

Comment

Did they damage the door? I would say they should definitely have to pay for any damage they caused, but if there was no damage I think your boss made the right call. They clearly didn't know, although I have no idea HOW they didn't know they broke the law, but a stern talking to by the police hopefully will sink in, and they'll never do it again. If they do it again, THEN I would totally say press charges.

It sounds to me the way the story is written, the door wasn't actually damaged, it just popped open. Is that the case?

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                                Ice cream is a hell of a drug. I once went out in an ice storm because I wanted ice cream.

Then I came to my senses.

OK, my rear wheel drive land yacht couldn't make it up the hill to the store.

Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                                At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Working...
                                X