Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A peach by any other name... Is still a damn peach.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A peach by any other name... Is still a damn peach.

Okay, it's off season and our peaches are imported anyway. So their very expensive this time of year. Our necterines on the other hand are almost always dirt cheap. All our produce comes with a sticker with the plu on it. So the SC comes up with a bag of PEACHES. Big bag. He insists that despite the sticker, despite the fuzziness, despite the produce guy telling him... That they were really necterines. We had to point out the sign on the stand and he still insisted it was necterines. Normally I wouldn't care but we are talking almost 15$ difference in price. I passed SC off to a manager because even the supervisor got sick of his stupidity. sorry Mr. SC but'the customer is always right' doesn't work that way.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

That's a real sonny peach there.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Fortunately, peach season will be here soon! The peach blossoms are already starting to show.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Personally, I like nectarines a little more anyway. They taste pretty much the same as peaches, and I prefer the smooth skin.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

"Peach...I could eat a peach for hours." [cookies for reference]

Comment

Peaches come in a can. They were put there by a man in a factory downtown.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              "Peach...I could eat a peach for hours." [cookies for reference]
              Face/Off. One of my favorite John Woo movies.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Peaches come in a can. They were put there by a man in a factory downtown.
                If I had my little way, I'd eat peaches every day...
                “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Back in my day, a Peach was called a Toadstool.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Never underestimate the power of the average customer to ignore reality in order to forward their own ends

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                      Fortunately, peach season will be here soon! The peach blossoms are already starting to show.
                      That early?! I don't get decent peaches on my trees 'til August.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        Back in my day, a Peach was called a Toadstool.
                        I've recently been replaying Super Mario RPG...

Comment

Working...
                        X