Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm glad I'm short. It's too much effort to put my purse on the roof. I've never done that.

Comment

One time on vacation, we headed out the parking lot at the 'Iao Needle. In front of us was a car with a few obviously-local kids (OK, 20-somethings). The driver had left a full cup on the roof over his head. I honked the horn of the rental and waved at him, then reached out and pointed to the roof of my car right over my head. He got it, grabbed the cup, and gave me a wave and a "shaka".

I felt pretty good about that.

Oh! And once I got out of my car at a red light, ran to the pickup truck in front of me, lifted the tool box off his bumper, waved it, and put it in the bed. That could have been bad in so very many ways...
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
        ... lifted the tool box off his bumper ... bad in so very many ways...
        I had a dogleg tire iron bounce out of a vehicle in front of me on I15, dent my front bumper, crease my hood, and another crease in the roof over my head of my new '76 Unpintoable wagon.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Dogleg tire iron attacked your car? Must have mistaken it for the Mercury corporate twin - the Bobcat.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
            It's getting to the point where a prospective good Samaritan is afraid of being accused of stealing or worse
            Oh, indeed. I found a purse a few weeks ago, on the shop floor - I was doing my routine sweep and there it was, lying near where the bags of sugar were piled up. I didn't pick it up, I laid my trash bag and brush over it (so nobody else would see it) and went to get our security guy. Again, some time before that, I was doing some shopping after my shift and noticed a five pound note on the floor between the till where I was queuing and the next. I just called to the front end team leader and he picked it up and dealt with it.

I won't even touch money / purses / wallets - I'm not giving anyone even the slightest opportunity to claim that I intended keeping them for myself.
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Leo Rosten The Joys of Yiddish:

A poor man found a wallet with ninety rubles in it. In the wallet was a name and address and this notice: "If found, return. Ten rubles reward." The poor man rushed to the address, a fine home, where the [householder] thanked him, counted the money, and said, "I see you have already removed ten rubles for your reward."" "I? No! Never! I swear it." "The rich man sneered. "There were one hundred rubles in that wallet." "I swear to you, on my mother's grave..."

At this point a rabbi entered. The poor man appealed to him, telling his tale. The rich man then told his, and, slyly, ended ""So whom will you believe, Rabbi, that [pauper] or me?" "You, of course." And the rabbi took the wallet from the rich man and gave it to the [pauper].

"Rabbi, what are you doing?" cried the rich man. "I'm taking you at your word," said the rabbi. "You said your wallet contained one hundred rubles. This man says the wallet he found contained only ninety. Therefore, this wallet can't be yours." "But I — what of my money?" "We simply must wait," said the rabbi, "until some honest soul finds a wallet with a hundred rubles in it."

Comment

Working...
              X