This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but erm... what exactly were the Playboys supposed to smell like..?
    One of these:
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Scratch and sniff playboys?

All I can say is:

Total surrender
      Your touch is so tender
      Your skin is like water on a burning beach
      And it brings me relief
      "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        *hums "My Angel is the Centerfold", blinks, shrugs, continues humming*
        You had to, right? Do you realize that's one of the attract tunes for DDR Supernova? Ergo, how sick I am of that song....?

Comment

Quoth OhHerro View Post
          The store opens and the first customer comes in, goes straight to the newsstand and grabs a copy of Playboy. Since I'm at the front of the store, I jump on one of the tills and ring him up. As he's paying he says to me, "Y'know, my cousin is in this issue." At that point all I could muster was, "uh . . . Alright."

I told my receiving manager this and he says to me, "You know, if you want to be really crass, you could've said, 'Well, I was in your cousin.'"

If only . . .
          Lol, cool manager, and ewwww, even if I did buy Playboys, I think I'd skip any copy in which a family member made an apperance... I just don't need to see that. Do you work in Arkansas or something?
          If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
            You had to, right? Do you realize that's one of the attract tunes for DDR Supernova? Ergo, how sick I am of that song....?
            Er...? No, I did not know that. How many times is it sped up then? (A La Cartoon Superheroes, which is probably 1.5X faster than the original) I'm not terribly fond of DDR, personally. My brother got me to play it once on his pad at home, and I failed horribly, seeing as I'd been out of rehab about a month or two when he sprung this on me.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
              And the carpets do NOT match the drapes!
              That sometimes happens naturally. I started out a very fair blonde and have darkened to light brunette, but eyebrows, eyelashes and other hair is very dark brunette.

I've always found the assumption that it's all the same to be irritating, actually. But I must admit that I don't have the (ahem) data to know how common a natural mismatch is.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
                Pardon my ignorance, but erm... what exactly were the Playboys supposed to smell like..?
                Canadian Bacon.

Comment

Quoth tangrid View Post
                  Lol, cool manager, and ewwww, even if I did buy Playboys, I think I'd skip any copy in which a family member made an apperance... I just don't need to see that. Do you work in Arkansas or something?
                  I was waiting for someone to mention that

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                    Quoth Juwl View Post
                    Er...? No, I did not know that. How many times is it sped up then?
                    It's a dance-style cover. Roughly at the same tempo, perhaps a hair or two faster. But it's not like the original was slow or anything.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      That sometimes happens naturally. I started out a very fair blonde and have darkened to light brunette, but eyebrows, eyelashes and other hair is very dark brunette.
                      I was born a blonde and my hair ranges from blonde-ish to reddish brown to dark brown.

Take that as you will.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                        Interesting fact (I know you're being funny jester): Teen Spirit was the name of a deodorant that Kurt's girlfriend was wearing. The title came from a graffiti written by a friend that read "Kurt smells like teen spirit." *

*Is a Nirvana die-hard.
                        I don't remember it ever having to do with Toby wearing the deodorant, but I wouldn't be surprised. Kathleen and her friends used to joke about Teen Spirit all the time, because we thought it was a stupid name, and a stupid ad. We thought Teen Spirit might not be something one would want to smell like. Kathleen was the culprit, and she wrote it on the wall of the Witch House in Oly, WA, which I shared with her.

(Yay! I get to finally tell the story!)

Comment

Working...
                        X