X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    DC: What's that really hot girls name? *points to co-worker*
    I worked a college town bar with some EXTRAORDINARILY beautiful women and got this all the time. So much so that we worked out a scheme after hours one night - the stock answer would be "Tammy" (since we didn't have one on staff).
    Got us knuckle dragging guys off the hook from the drunk chicken question quickly, and left it up to the fem co-worker how she wanted to respond to someone calling her Tammy - a quick clue that he asked one of us boys her name

Me: You want something to whistle at? Buy a fucking dog. Now get out.
    I've always wanted to bound over panting and respond to every question or request with barking. Don't get me wrong, I've slammed some whistlers (and "snappers") pretty hard, but I think the dog imitation would be hilarious. Doesn't really fit the last few jobs though.

Man: ME! ME! ME! I WAS NEXT I WAS NEXT!
    Me: *to woman* What can I get you ma'am?
    My stock answer to the person closest in a five deep bar:

Me: "What can I get you?"
    Man: "Gee, I don't know......."
    Me: *to person next to them* "What can I get you?"

Amazing how similar it is all these years later

He is an absolute god. He only took over the bar in February and he has more than doubled our business,
    Understandably so. If I'm out partying, I want to be treated fairly in return for the fact that I'm honest and polite. When you see EW's and SC's getting a better shake than you somewhere, it tends to grate on your nerves a little.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    a story about some deli in (I think it was ) New York where the staff was just flat out rude,
    Ed Debevic's in Chicago was like this, although not flat out rude, more of a schtick, part of the "ambiance."

Quoth Chazzie View Post
    That's almost how the cafe in www.questionablecontent.net works. XD
    The only web comic I read daily. Fay's my awesome snarky hero. And customer relations-wise, the Coffee of Doom's chalkboard can't be beat

Comment

Wow, I know we've got some members with fan clubs, but I think this is the first time a member's manager has had a fan club!

Damn, now I have another comic to read?!

And now I want a chupacabralatte!
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-24-2007, 12:54 AM.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        I saw on tv some years ago a story about some deli in (I think it was ) New York
        *points toward Vegas*
        Dick's Last Resort bar & grill. They taunt their customers. They give you butcher paper hats with insults written on them. While I was in Vegas, I saw many teeny-bopper types with "I'm a Slut, and my Husband doesn't know I'm sleeping around!" on them...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Manager: Fuck off you feminist lesbian.
          SC: WHAT???
          Manager: What? I didn't say anything.
          Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Man, I love your manager!!
          Wow, that's as good as the stuff you relayed in your last thread.

I'm with whoever earlier stated that the reason your place is more popular is precisely because the decent people know it's a refuge away from asshattery, since it isn't tolerated.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
            *points toward Vegas*
            Dick's Last Resort bar & grill. They taunt their customers. They give you butcher paper hats with insults written on them. While I was in Vegas, I saw many teeny-bopper types with "I'm a Slut, and my Husband doesn't know I'm sleeping around!" on them...
            Hahaha, I went to Dick's when we were in Vegas this August. Very funny! Our waiter just threw (literally) the cutlery on our table and left. Aaah and the hats! Mine had "I love putting Dick's (and written in a very small font "food") in my mouth", while the other girl in my party had "Yes, they are real!" and then an arrow down LOL
            Apparently, they couldn't find anything funny to write about one of the guys we were with. Instead his hat was formed like pigtails

Comment

what a legend, the OP and the manager - awesome to read this

Comment

Drunk coward looking for action

DC: Hey! Mate! Mate! Mate!
                Me: What?
                DC: What's that really hot girls name? *points to co-worker*
                Me: Ask her.
                DC: What's her name?
                DC: I want you to tell me.
                Me: No, she might not want me to. You ask her.
                DC: Mate, mate, mate, what's that really hot girls name?
                DC: Come on mate, tell me her name.
                Me: Arnold.
                DC: Arnold....lovely.
                We used to have the guys make up fake names for us when someone asked what our name was. My "name" was George, but the laws changed in our state where if you work in a bar you have to have a name tag on with your real name. Dang it now "What's that girls name" only works if they become illiterate when they are drunk.

Comment

But there was a silver lining. Three customers bought me drinks! They thought he had really upset me! One guy even offered to follow him and beat him up for me! I politely declined. It will take a bigger freak than that to upset me.
                  These lovely people have no idea what you go through on an average night, do they?

But customers like these (almost) make it all worthwhile, don't they?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

SC: Whiskey.
                    Me: On the rocks? Neat? A dash?
                    SC: Meh?
                    Me: Ice? On its own? With a mixer?
                    SC: Whiskey

I make him it neat.

SC: Where the fuck are the rocks?
                    Me: You are very good at cursing sir, but not so good at answering questions.
                    SC: Meh?
                    I like your answer to this one.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X