This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Foxglove8778 View Post
    Why do good doctors always seem to have sucky staff?
    I don't know, but I have that problem at my primary care physician. Even though I'm 24, I often have my dad call to set up my appointments, because somehow, he gets along with the staff. My mom does the same thing, because the nurses there make it painful just to set up an appointment, and often talk down to you. I come in maybe once a year, for a physical for work, and occasionally for sinus infections. I'm not a pain, I don't whine, and I don't yell or argue, so I don't know why they're always so difficult and nasty to me.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
      And to JuniorMintz:
      It wasn't me who was bothered by the forms (although I didn't expect to have to fill them out) but rather it was my doctor. Though to be completely honest she seemed to be aggravated with the receptionists as a whole more so than the process, so something tells me they're constantly making mistakes and/or treating her patients poorly.
      That could be the case too. I know *you* weren't complaining about the forms specifically, but when I hear it all day from both my patients AND the doctors... well, it gets old, I'll just say. It's like, "Et tu, Dr. JAM's boss?"
      "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        It's sad insurance covers drugs for men to have sex but not for women to not get pregnant from the men being able to have sex.
        You want sad?

It's been a well-researched fact that women who have mastectomies do significantly better if they have a full 2 days of hospital stay after the surgery, but most insurance still refuses to pay for more than 1 day of recovery. This has been known for years.

But it took less than a year for them to approve to pay for a drug that has no physical benefit just so men could feel better about themselves.

Women's medicine in the US is often an afterthought.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Women's medicine in the US is often an afterthought.

^-.-^
          Women's medicine in Africa is nearly non-existant. Dozens of women die in childbirth daily, illnesses go untreated and undiagnosed...

Here in South Africa, there was a lawsuit against Discovery (medical aid) by a number of breast cancer sufferers because they wouldn't pay for the potentially-life saving drug Herceptin.

Herceptin is a new miracle drug that prevents a certain type of breast cancer (so called HER2+) from reoccurring hence it is very expensive and treatment is for one full year every 3 weeks at a total cost of R 450,000.
          These are women that have already had mastectomies and chemo. Their doctors are prescribing the drug for them, and the med. aid refuses to pay for it as they say it is not "cost effective".

http://www.busrep.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=3153077
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
          X