Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew, I used to do secretarial work for my stepdad ( a defense attorney, and my mother's a district court judge on a sidenote, lucky me eh?) and it was like the circus everyday. The crazys got to be normal for me (like the lady who lived across the street and came in everday screaming gibberish, or the guy who stole like 36 peoples' identities and then told my stepdad he was calling Oprah and Al Sharpton because he wasn't going to be able to get him off scott-free), but ther's one lady who I just can't scrape from the section of my brain that contains burned in images. When she started talking, she had front teeth. Halfway through the conversation, they were gone. When she opened her mouth again, they were swinging in her mouth like a doggy-door. My step-dad nicknamed her The Walrus. That and the guy who smelled what I can only describe as very old chocolate chip cookies, baking horribly in the sun.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the justice system.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Oh man, that is a spooky story. I fear for your safety, but I bet you're going to get some great tales out of this job!

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
        What kind of information packet could you have handed him? I don't suppose there's anything legally he can do to dispute his criminal record after he's been convicted and served his sentence now is there?
        Well he can't exactly appeal his sentence since he's served it but he could try to get it off his record.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

if he asks for your name says Ma'am lee way (because it sounds funny)

Comment

"Miss? That's my last name! My first name is Swiss!" This reminded me of something...does anybody else here get SCs that ask for your last name? I've had at least one in virtually every job I've worked. The conversation typically goes something along the lines of...

SC: "I want to speak to your supervisor! What's your name?"
            (I tell them my first name)
            SC: "Sage...what?"
            Me: "You don't need to know that."
            SC: "Oh I think I do."
            Me: "Oh I think you DON'T, actually. That's a security and privacy violation."

The good thing is that I don't have a "unique" name, but I do have a name where typically I'm the only one in my department that has it. Even when I relay this to the customer, maybe even give them my extension...it just isn't good enough. Right, let me give you my last name, because what I really want, I mean REALLY want, is for you to look me up in the phonebook and come over for a party with your face and my hands.
            You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I do have a rather unique name. Fortunately, no one ever gets it right ...uh...

Amelius! Great first post! No need to be nervous around here
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

At least he's found a purpose in life?
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Yeah, I never give a last name at work. I always tell them my first name, my employee number, and if they push it a last initial... the only exception to that is after a test call... and i'm not stupid, if a caller says that it was a test call and they need my information i put them on hold and call my TM to see if they really are doing test calls (team managers are informed in advance which days test calls will be routed to us... of course he can't tell us though)... and if his response is "what test calls" then i tell the caller to bug off, that if they really are an employee at corporate they should know the correct procedure to do a test call and if they need the rest of my information they will have to call the centers single point of contact and have the SPC get the information.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I never give my last name. I have a very unique name and am the only iradney in the office. The name I go by is my middle name, but if the person had the time and resources they could track me down.
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                    X