This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Door

Okay, somehow the heavy-duty door closer broke. The arm's connecting screw stripped and fell out, and the door mounts stripped. As a result, the door just flops open. So, we locked that door. On the outside is a sign saying "Please use other door". On the inside, we have a sign on the door bar that says "Do Not Use" (It bypasses the lock)

So of course, everyone uses that door, and it just sits wide open for hours at a time.
    When we finally close it, people are coming through drive-through "YOUR DOORS ARE LOCKED", oblivious to the tables full of people who figured out that the right-hand door is still unlocked.

Seriously, what the hell? Is a broken door that hard to understand?
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Apparently it is. My store has the same problem.... the left entrance door has a busted closer. But instead of staying open, it SLAMS shut.

Unfortunately, due to the way our doors lock, we can't just lock the one door. But we have a sign. That no one reads!

Comment

Hm. Jeremy has me scheduled to work 8:30-Close tonight, alongside two managers and two closers. That's 5 people compared to the normal 3. He's training another manager to close, so I guess I might be replacing the closer tonight (Already bought a new one at Menards)
      I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
      less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
        so I guess I might be replacing the closer tonight (Already bought a new one at Menards)
        For second I thought you meant that you were replacing the closing employee and was going to make a crack about "since when does Menards sell those". THen I realized what you meant.

Please commence your rants allready in progress.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Here's my rant...
          My exgf whom I still love more than I should is coming back from her vacation on the 30th. My boss has her as working 11a-2p / 5p-8p, so to keep her from getting fired, I need to give up my day off to work her shifts.

Comment

Working...
          X